Medical Collection Question

oceans

I'm developing my spreadsheet to compare last years and yesterday's CRs and I already have a question (I'm sure more will follow).

IRT to a medical collection... I read in the "sticky" for medical collections that "If a provider fails to file their claim within the time allowed by insurance carriers for filing, they must write off. Most times are one year from date of treatment." Does this apply to when there is more than one insurer?

I didn't even know that this stupid bill didn't get paid until it showed up on my CR. At the time of service, my primary insurer was BCBS and my secondary insurance was Tricare. While I had both, I never paid "out of pocket." Once my divorce was final, Tricare coverage was lost. I did call Tricare and they never got billed for the part that BCBS didn't pay (this bleepin' doctor is the ONLY doctor I've ever seen that didn't bill Tricare for the difference). The doctor was given ALL insurance information.

It's on my CR from the CA Atty and lists the OC as MED1 ORTH SURGICAL.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd call BCBC and see whether they can Email, FAX, or SnailMail you a copy of the claim showing how much Dr. Mengele billed, how much was written off, and how much for which you were responsible.

With that in hand, I'd contact Tricare and ask about any bills from Dr. Mengele. Try to get 'em to send you a summary of all bills received in that calendar year.