Could *KILL* my husband!!

GlitterGal

*puts on her ranty pants*

So, I have a question for everyone out there who is in a bound relationship with another person who they occassionally wan't to beat to death with whatever implement of torture comes easily to mind.

How do you deal?

My husband....my darling husband...who I will not divorce, despite occassionally wishing I could chain him to the bed to keep him under control, decided that he knew how to fix our current credit problems.

He signed us up with credit repair company.

*headdesk*

He wanted to surprise me for my birthday, so he did it without talking to me, and I only found out when I found a bill in the mail today. They want me to immediately send them $300 for deletes I started processing a month ago. Thankfully, I have the paperwork to prove it.

I asked him what was going through his head and his reply? "Well, your way was taking a whole 3 months, and I just thought they would be quicker."

I carefully explained that I was very upset, as I have made him *STOP* making money decisions, because of stupid crap like this. I felt like I was talking to my son as I used phrases such as, "This is why you aren't allowed to carry your own credit card, debit card, atm card, or checkbook." and "If you want us to have nice things, we have to be able to afford them."

Anyway, after I spoke to the credit repair firm and *FIRED* them, he apologized profusely and bought me pretty flowers (yet another reason why he gets to carry only cash....flowers are pretty, but doing the dishes goes ALOT further).

So, do you have mates that are financially problematic? Or do you just feel like you cover the same ground with them over and over and over again? Are there special techniques for dealing with them, other than throwing a world class tantrum?

I understand where you are coming from 100%.

My husband is a dolt when it comes to money...well except spending it. Luckily after 14 years together he is slowly becoming better.

I pay bills then he always ask....where did all the money go to? haha I finally had to sit him down and show him line by line...money by money...where it was all going. I had to show him in detail about the credit cards...and the interest that was being paid with just the "minimum" payment and how that was NOT working.

At the first of this year...I was gone and my husband received a summons in. He was so scared that he called the lawyer on the summons and ran out and paid them in full with a money order. WTF? I had been working on that crappy company for over 1 year. I had many violations racked up against them.

But to give him credit...all he knew was that his credit was very good for the first time in his life. He was worried about them killing it. He felt good to be able to tell places he had good credit and bargain with them. Especially when he bought our truck and was able to demand the terms and all that and they completely catered to his wishes..b/c his credit was so good.

I just always try to be very honset about our bills and money. If he doesn't understand something...I try to explain it. Being very honset helps. Don't sugarcoat anything. If they don't understand...show them the bills and make them pay them for a couple of months. Nothing will show them "where the money goes" quicker than them paying them.

At the first of this year...I was gone and my husband received a summons in. He was so scared that he called the lawyer on the summons and ran out and paid them in full with a money order. WTF? I had been working on that crappy company for over 1 year. I had many violations racked up against them.

xjawdropx

This used to be me But my partner has set me streight financally at least and i only buy what i can pay for rite now. Except for stuff for our new house we financed our Big TV no interest for 2 years but we plan to pay it off with the 8k we get for our taxes (for first time home buyers) I used to do things i thought woul dhelp when infact they did not they did more harm lol but now thanks to the time and effort i have put into reading this forum and "DH" beeing so frugal some of it is rubbing off on me...