NCO calling

doingrightthing

My son and his wife lived with my wife and I last year. They have moved out living on there own now. The trouble is NCO keeps calling my phone number looking for them. They listed my number on a bill when they were livig here.

How do I keep NCO from calling my number sometime 2 to 3 times a day. I do not own any money to NCO. This collection is for my son and his wife.

Thanks

My son and his wife lived with my wife and I last year. They have moved out living on there own now. The trouble is NCO keeps calling my phone number looking for them. They listed my number on a bill when they were livig here.

How do I keep NCO from calling my number sometime 2 to 3 times a day. I do not own any money to NCO. This collection is for my son and his wife.

Thanks

I'd write a terse and to the point letter to NCO and explain that the person they are looking for does not live at your address nor is the phone number they are calling the phone number of the person they are looking for (the fact that they are calling for you son is immaterial)...explain to them that you have already relayed this information to them over the phone and that if the calles don't stop after receipt of this letter you will SUE THEM.

Send the letter CMRRR.

If they continue to call; SUE THEM.

Either that or go out and buy a can of canned air horn and every time the idiots call, blast them one into the receiver.

Oh, and you can also report them for harassment to your local phone company and/or the FCC.

You might also encourage your son to call and talk to these idiots so that they stop calling you about his debt - onec they know how to actually reach the person they are looking for they will likely stop calling you.

Give them your son's phone number and let them call and bug him..instead of you.

Yes, I agree. You'll accomplish two things by doing that. First, it should stop them from calling you; second, he has more rights and remedies under the law against NCO than you do. He can't exercise many of them them unless NCO has his location information and establishes contact with him.

Jetscarbie/Nascar

Would you make this advice knowing that your child's only number is a cell and the CA will do all they can to burn up their minutes? The trend is moving away from land lines so how is this going to work?

Just asking

Jetscarbie/Nascar

Would you make this advice knowing that your child's only number is a cell and the CA will do all they can to burn up their minutes? The trend is moving away from land lines so how is this going to work?

Just asking

So give them his address so they can write him a letter, and your son can likewise respond by mail. And never the need to send the infamous "limited Cease and Desist."

DH

Jetscarbie/Nascar

Just asking

Collection calls are annoying. IMO...I would give them the son's cell number. The son made the debt, used his parents number, then moved...in turn, leaving the parents to be harassed by it. The son should "man up" and call the collection people and give them his number....or at the very least his address.

Just b/c it uses up son's cell minutes...is it fair for the parents to be harassed by the collection calls? NCO is known for harassing calls.

Jetscarbie/Nascar

Just asking

That does not change my opinion.

Jetscarbie/Nascar

Just asking

Are you suggesting that the father should have to keep putting up with collector calls regarding a debt that isn’t his?

The son has a debt (or at least NCO believes he does)…hiding from it either actively or passively won’t make NCO go away and certainly will not solve the problem. The son needs to handle this regardless of what type of phone he has.

Even if it made a difference (which it doesn’t) the OP said nothing about what kind of phone the son might have…there is no basis to assume he only has a cell phone.

As I mentioned in my original post, the OP has rights he can enforce in this matter but Nascar and the others are correct in that it's the son who ultimately needs to get actively involved here to settle the issue.

----------

How this is going to work is that eventually, the FDCPA is going to catch up with modern society and the restrictions applicable to cell phones will either be lifted entirely or very much relaxed - in this day and age, calling a cell phone is no more burdensome on the average consumer than calling a land-line number.