Jump to content

Need some advice on existing collection


Recommended Posts

Ok, here's the deal. I did a dumb thing and allowed a collections agency to get a consent judgment on me before I even had an idea what DV's were and how the process works. So now, I have Lexington Law, who for the most part has done a very interesting number on my credit and has increased my score by over 100 points within the first two months. But, what LL does not do is take things to a very customized level and they probably wouldn't understand what I'm about to explain.

I have a collections account that was originally with HSBC that got sold off to Palisades Collection. This account eventually made it to a CA/Law Firm within jurisdiction to pursue me legally. I didn't know much about the process at the time and just went with it and have been paying them monthly for almost a year now. To be honest, I attempted to DV them in the beginning and they didn't do much more than show me an account number. I digress on the DV part, I'll let LL fight with Palisades on that.

Here's the question though...I have this same HSBC item listed 3 different times, not including the judgment on my report, and one of them is listed as a "MEDICAL" item. Is it possible to turn around and tell the CA that I am no longer paying them anything due to the damage that their client, Palisades, has done to my credit report and demand something? I don't know. This doesn't seem right, fair, or within reporting guidelines for one single account.

What would I have to do at this juncture? Can the FDCPA or FCBA help me despite my judgment? Would this be a valid appeal? Any advice is appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.