My scores, about to apply for mortgage, your input is appreciated

keks

There was a time not long ago when my scores hovered around the low 600s.

After paying off nearly all debt, my scores, as of today in truecredit.com:

TU: 741

EX: 682

EQ: 670

I have credit lines totalling around $20k, and about $1k of debt. One paid collection that's 3 years old.

1. Do I need to sign up for myFICO?

2. Which scores do mortgage lenders use, the middle one?

Any other tips on improving scores appreciated. I am trying to get that collection removed.

Your scores from truecredit are Fako's (they are not real). If you want to know your real scores, get it from myfico.com. You might be surprised at how different they are.

Mortgage loans use the middle score. There are several different scoring models...so it's impossible to know which one mortgage lenders use, but your real FICO's would be a good starting point.

Wow, I had no idea. What is the usefulness of FAKOs if everyone can get their FICO on myFICO?

I mean I'm paying $15/month on truecredit. Isn't that money better spent on myFICO?

Fako's are cheaper and provide a general feel of how your scores are changing.

I actually can't get my scores on myfico, despite my best efforts, so Fakos are my only way to gauge how my scores are moving. In the beginning they had wrong information from an inaccurate tradeline so they didn't believe I was who I said I was. Then they insisted I had a fraud alert on Equifax so they couldn't pull my information, while Equifax insisted I did not (and I'd never put one on). Then they "cleared all my flags" but their authentication question still flagged my correct answers as incorrect and blocked my access. I've been on the phone with them a dozen times and nothing has resulted in me being able to buy my fico scores. I don't have the time to keep messing with them, so I've just given up ever seeing my actual fico scores. Kind of bull**** if you ask me, that I have to jump through hoops and they can STILL refuse to give them to me, but any creditor can grab them with no issues. Oh well. I'm not planning any new or future credit, so it doesn't really matter at this point. My house was the end plan and I got it, so all is good :)

Wow, I had no idea. What is the usefulness of FAKOs if everyone can get their FICO on myFICO?

I mean I'm paying $15/month on truecredit. Isn't that money better spent on myFICO?

I personally think that the CRA's make money by scamming people...b/c a lot of people don't realize that the "scores" they are paying for, are really not real scores. That is why we call them Fako's. When you are repairing your credit, having a credit monitoring helps monitor the movement of your reports...but you should take the scores for what they are worth...not much.

Real Fico scores move very very slow. I've seen stuff get deleted off my credit report...and my FICO's never move. I had a mortgage added to my report....and it took 5 months for my FICO to move....(which moved down)

Like I said...there are tons of different scoring systems. When you get a car, they have a car score that dealers use...which is different. When you apply for a mortgage, some use a certain mortgage score.

My mortgage credit report was way different from the Big 3's credit report. All the same accounts listed, but way more details about the accounts. The score listed was a lot different also. My TU was 100 points higher but my EX was 70 points lower. I think EQ was about the same.