MCM judgement filed

Kaveri

MCM has filed a judgement on me back in Jan. I hired an atty to file the answer and also a discovery request (?). (sorry I am still a bit new at all of this). They responded with a request for additional time which will now expire at the end of the month. Do they normally do this when they do not have anything supporting their case? Also, this account takes up approximately 12k of the 15k of debt that is listed on my cr. Does anyone think that may push up my score enough to get over the 620 mark (currently at 591 TU, 598 EX, 613 EQ)?

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read and based on my wife's tangle with these clowns, the request for time was filed by the attorney in anticipation of MCM having the necessary documentation. In my wife's case all they filed with the suit was a hearsay affidavit from an MCM employee.

Chances are (not guaranteed, but highly likely) they won't have anything with teeth to give to their attorney and he will end up bluffing or dismissing the case. As always, hope for the best, and plan for the worst.

Make sure you show up for all court dates, even if their attorney says you don't have to, so nothing is snuck by you. If you read up on these guys, you'll find they hang their hat on the law of averages. Meaning most defendants won't show up and they get defaults. Now they've taken a worthless debt paper and turned it into a rock solid judgment that is very collectable.

Just keep your eye on the ball and you should make out fine on this.