Attorney Offering Me 50% Settlement

Sickofdebt

Bank of America has an attorney's office handling my account. They've sent me a letter stating that they will settle for 50% and mark my account as settled. First off, should I be jumping up and down at the 50% or do I negotiate further? I'm a little nervous about doing that. I surely don't mind paying them $3K rather than $6K, but if I can get it cheaper I'll surely give it a shot:lol:.

Second, from what I'm reading on here, the "settled" remark is not a positive one on my CR. I want my CR cleared up showing the debt was paid and that's that. Is that even possible? What remarks should I be requesting in my letter?

I doubt it would be possible with BoA, but you need to remember the "rule of 3s"

Fast, Cheap, Quality -- you can only get 2 out of 3.

If you are talking about negotiating DOWN, you're unlikely to get more from them (the postive mark on the TL). Negotiating UP is the only way you're going to get extras from someone. Telling them you're going to pay less than the offer AND you want the good tradeline, it just aint going to happen.

Besides, I doubt BoA will budge on the TL part.