Question about SOL

cool64

Hello to you all! This is my first post and so sorry if this has been asked before.

I have some medical bills in collection from my Son. I know when these services were done becasue it was on his birth day. July 2005. The SOL in CA is 4 years which would be this July. My question on my report it states:

Date Assigned: 09/2003

Date Reported: 08/2008

Which date do I go off of for the SOL? I have never paid these so it's not like a credit card when the SOL starts and last payment.

Thank you all for your help! :)

Cool64

Hello to you all! This is my first post and so sorry if this has been asked before.

I have some medical bills in collection from my Son. I know when these services were done becasue it was on his birth day. July 2005. The SOL in CA is 4 years which would be this July. My question on my report it states:

Date Assigned: 09/2003

Date Reported: 08/2008

Which date do I go off of for the SOL? I have never paid these so it's not like a credit card when the SOL starts and last payment.

Thank you all for your help! :)

Cool64

You don't use either of the above dates as neither has anything to do with the SOL.

The SOL clock began counting down the moment the debt became due and wasn't paid which in a case like this would be, essentially, the day they were incurred.

It may be that medical debts are handled differently, however, so I would do some serious checking and/or wait to see who else might post that has more direct experience with this.

Robert, thank you for the reply!

I just looked again and the there is another date

Date of 1 st Delinquency: 03/2003

Maybe this is the date that I need to go off of?

Thank you again :)

Well something is very wrong...if you know the services happened in July of 2005 then the DOFD cannot be March of 2003...somebody is wrong.