Object to Confirm ?!?

cavazos007

Ok guys I need your help on this. So I'm waiting to be confirmed. My mortgage company sends an Objection to Confirmation. They stated on this petition that they don't believe I can pay what I owe on this plan, therefore my confirmation should be denied. My lawyers had proposed a certain amount that I owed in arrearage...they claim it's more than that. And the plan I proposed doesn't meet there needs.

What happens now. They are taking all my earnings as it is. Will the trustee grant this objection, if we change the plan. My monthly payment will go up. I don't think I can afford this...the BK13 is costing me all my earnings and right now I'm living on a tight budget. Isn't my lawyer suppose to fight this?

Thanks in advance.....

This means it goes to the judge to decide. Your lawyer represents your interests and is supposed to fight for the confirmation. If the mortgage company objects on the basis that they say you owe more than the plan pays, then they must prove it. If it turns out their number is higher due to illegal forced-placed insurance or fees charged during the stay, then they are going to be in BIG trouble.

That letter is excellent - give it to your attorney so he can show that the lender is adding fees to take advantage of the BK. :shock:

As I understand it anyway, the lenders routinely object - but it is up to your attorney to fight for you.

That letter is excellent - give it to your attorney so he can show that the lender is adding fees to take advantage of the BK. :shock:

As I understand it anyway, the lenders routinely object - but it is up to your attorney to fight for you.

Excellent point...thanks guys