Jump to content

tax question


Recommended Posts

Several years ago I settled a cc debt.

The credit card company sent me a 1099 for more than I ever owed to begin with-not the balance unpaid. I sent a letter which was ignored by the cc asking for it to be corrected.

I then left the 1099 off my tax return completely since the matter had not been settled. I sent a letter to the IRS stating the situation and sent a copy of the letter sent to the cc that was ignored.

I never heard a word from the IRS saying it was a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.