Current loan help

jahillia

I currently have a personal loan with a finance company. If I happen to be late by one or two days, they light up my phone AND my families phone! They call my in laws, mother, brother etc. My in laws have complained repeatedly and I even sent a letter telling them that they have been told to stop calling under the fair credit act but they still call.

Is there anything that I can do?

I currently have a personal loan with a finance company. If I happen to be late by one or two days, they light up my phone AND my families phone! They call my in laws, mother, brother etc. My in laws have complained repeatedly and I even sent a letter telling them that they have been told to stop calling under the fair credit act but they still call.

Is there anything that I can do?

Yes...you can pay on time or early and no, I'm not trying to be flippant here.

My guess is that this is a lender than makes loans to folks with less than stellar credit scores at probably much more than prime interest rates. If so, then these are the type of tactics that lenders like this employ.

Unfortunately, in today's economy, even many "prime" lenders are being more aggressive in their collection tactics when borrowers get even a few days behind.

Whatever type of lender this is, there really isn't anything you can do about it because the protections afforded under the FDCPA does not apply to original creditors; only to third-party collectors.

If their calls really become "harassing" under the law, you may be able to take some action there but that's not at all a short-term solution...frankly, were I you (and I've been there)...I'd go out and get one or two or three part time jobs so that I could get this lender out of my life.