Too late to remove items from credit history?

skypilot58

Hello all, looking forward to some advice here.

Last year, after maintaining an excellent credit history since 1998 (which was my first credit card) we fell into the economic vaccum that is our country as it is today. Hours cut at work, evicted from a rental due to default by our landlord, etc etc.

I had two credit cards go into default. I contacted to collections agencies in August 08 and paid off my debts. Unfortunately for me, I had no idea I could negotiate to get these items off my history. I've read quite a bit on this subject, and I have disputed the charge offs and paid reports on my credit, but it seems its unlikely it will be removed by this method, at least from what I have read.

Do I have a leg to stand on trying to negotiate with these agencies to get these items off my credit? I have just lost a job due solely to these reports. I may be able to get re-registered with my company but not before this is removed, or so I've been told. Had I known that I would have insisted on them being removed immediately upon recieving my payment. Is it too late? Do I have any options or do I need to look forward to minimum wage for the next six years?

No way to negotiate after you've already paid them. Most collectors don't care after they recieve the money.You could try a Goodwill letter to some

Personally, I would dispute these trade line with the CRA's. Do it by mail with CMRRR. Also dispute your old address and any other obsolete information. Wait the 30 days or so until you hear back......you might get lucky with some of them.

I did this as a mistake over 12 years ago, paid off two cards and then they updated the reports and my score dropped. I had to fight the bastards. You will need to send a validation out for a full accounting of your account, they will not answer properly and the files are most likely purged from their computers anyway(this is GOOD!) You then will take the non-response and file a suit in JP court and get a summary judgment against them..Also remember they told you they would take the file off your report:) Put this in your validation of account, and your motion to the court