Chase Summons

Just received a summons and I am not sure how to answer it. I am so far behind in debt due to loss of income and bad money management. I am currently trying to negotiate with some creditors but this one got to court first. I don't know how to handle this since this is fairly new just at the charge off time. Any help would greatly be appreciated I can not afford a lawyer right now and hope that I can handle this without one. I am just shocked that this went so far so quickly.

Thank you so much to anyone who responds!

Who is suing you?

Chase Bank USA, N.A.

2. For how much?

$13000.

3. Who is the original creditor?

Chase.

4. How do you know you are being sued?

Served a summons.

5. How were you served? Were you served?

Came to house.

6. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued?

None

7. Where do you live?

FL

8. When is the last time you paid on this account?

Sept 08

9. What is the status of your case (if anything has been opened)? You can find this by a) calling the court or B) looking it up online (many states have this information posted daily).

I have to respond to the summons within 20 days.

10. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?)

No

11. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? If not, don't bother doing this now.

No

12. Does your summons require a response? (Look hard!) If you don't get a questionnaire with your summons, you are still probably required to answer it in writing. If you don't respond to the lawsuit notice you will lose automatically. In 99% of the cases, they will require you to answer the summons, and each point they are claiming. We need to know what the "charges" are. Please post what they are claiming. Did you receive an interrogatory (questionnaire) regarding the lawsuit?

Just allegations nothing that says interogatories. I have to file a response with the court, and also serve a copy of my response to the attorney.

This is how it reads:

At all times hereinafter mentioned, Chase is and was a national banking coporation with its primary place of business located in the sate of Delaware.

At all times hereinafter mentioned, the Defendant was and is a resident of ....(county and state)

This is an action involvong a claim for damages that exceeds $5000.00 but does not exceed $15000

The defendant had a revolving credit account with Chase and used the account to obtain purchases and/or cash advances and, as a result, became indebted to chase on individual balances for the account as follows:

Account # and balance

Chase provided monthly account statements to the defendant reflecting, among other information, transactions to the account since the preceeding billing period, the total amount due on the ccount, and the minimum payment due.

The defendant did not object to the aforementioned account statements at any time.

The defendant owes chase $... that is due on the account together with interest from April 2009, and cost of suit.

Wherefore, plantiff, chase, respectfully requests entry of judgement against defendant ..., in the amount of ... plus interest and cost of suit.

JP Morgan Chase- Legal Department

Attorneys for plantiff

(a local address and phone number)

13. What evidence did they send with the summons? An affadavit? A statement from the OC? Anything else they attached as exhibits?

They sent a statement copy from two months ago.

Yes bankruptcy is something we are going to look into. But I need to know how to respond to this summons while we are researching whether or not to file bankruptcy.

Does anyone know how to respond?

Can I still try to negotiate with Chase or does it just have to go to court?

I am lost here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.