I am on someone's AmExcard as an authorized user

KCG116

My recommendation is to sue them. In virtually EVERY corporation, NO ONE has any authority to deal with anything that is non-routine, unless and until ordered to do so by an executive. In some cases you can appeal to executives. In some corporations, executives actually will respond to letter written to them. In others, it takes getting the media involved, like a TV station broadcasting your story. Sometimes a viral blog/tweet works. But ultimately what works is when you wake up their attorneys with a lawsuit (after having at least done the basic attempts to resolve it). Plan to be a hard-nose when you do it. They will want to settle. Tell them you will not agree to a settlement until the actual problem is visibly corrected.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lurlineme

I agree with the others. There is no better way to resolve this but to sue the legally. It can get complicated at times, but it 's I guess the right thing to do.

I agree with the others. There is no better way to resolve this but to sue the legally. It can get complicated at times, but it 's I guess the right thing to do.

And, depending on who does what in the legal department, it might get simplified.

This fact is true: the (most senior) database administrator(s) CAN physically add, change, or delete ANY piece of data in their database(s). They, of course, WON'T, unless ordered to do so by their superiors.

The legal department can describe the problems to the executives in terms of financial risks and losses. The executives can then order the matter to be cleared up "directly" without going through the screen applications the CSRs work with. It may well be the CSRs cannot physically fix certain issues, even if they are fully trained on every aspect of the applications, and are granted every possible authority by the system. E.g. the steps to fix it may not have been implemented in the applications.

THIS problem should be fixable. But I described the above because lawyers may or may not really understand what can and cannot be fixed by what particular means.

But I do know this. I had a credit card with a certain bank. Then my statements started going AWOL. A couple months later I did get one with 3 postal forwarding labels on it. It had been addressed to another city. I called in and asked about it, and their computer records showed the other city. I told them this was in error and to fix it. They said they did. Statements continued to be missing with some showing up. They did sent duplicates directly to me, but I had to call in every month. And every month they put in an address change that had no effect.

Eventually I got in touch with their VP of Operations by phone and explained the problem, basically asking why it is that a half dozen address changes to put the original address back even though I never moved were having no effect. He said he would investigate personally and call me back. I got the call back 2 days later (surprise). He said he talked with the Director of IT and had it looked into, and found that a new application that added around the time the problem started was being used to do a "smart search" of a Postal Server address database they also bought and updated quarterly, and it apparently was always changing the city AND zip code over to another one. He said they added an emergency fix to their application that dealt with this to check a new database of "permanent address accounts" and not use the Postal data if the account was in that list. He said that at the moment my account was the only one in the list.

The problem stopped and I started getting statements consistently, again. BTW, he mentioned that it was a good thing they were still coding their own applications via their own staff of 30 IT people despite an industry trend to use contractors and/or off the shelf programming. I've since learned that "contractors" meant off shored to India.

This is just to point out that computers really can do things wrong AND the CSR people could very well have no means to correct it at all.

If you can't get the executives to deal with it by request, then you need to get them to deal with it by learning from the legal department about new risks. Maybe the CSRs can fix this and don't want to? Doesn't matter. Go the legal route.

The issue I am having with "the legal route" is this...

Attorneys in NY want cases they can take on and settle as soon as possible, usually for not much money because they can make a quick hit for themselves for little work/time/effort...

The ones I have encountered thus far have not been interested in "discovery"-i.e. getting all the facts they can, finding out who is responsible etc. and what happened...

My goal in this is not to score cash but to get my credit, life etc, cleaned up of all this mess and to have it end...

And to do that what I need is to find out WHO is behind this, everything they have done etc. but if the attorneys will not pursue that part then WHAT am I supposed to do? :(

I didn't count...

But over the past few years I have spoken to many and it's always the same answer...

There are not many attorneys in NY that handle these cases for the consumers themselves...more work for the collection agencies as they can make more money that way.

Please explain the "do it yourself" advice...

Since the creditors' themselves won't give me the info or the places I have complained to, how would I go about getting them to give me these details they have so far refused?

If you have some creative tricks up your sleeve please reveal or send privately...

Does anyone have the address of the legal department for American Express?

DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)

CT CORPORATION SYSTEM

111 8TH AVE

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10011

Chairman or Chief Executive Officer

KENNTH I CHENAULT

200 VESEY ST

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10285-5005

Principal Executive Office

AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY

KENNETH I CHENAULT

200 VESEY ST

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10285-5005

Registered Agent

CT CORPORATION SYSTEM

111 EIGHTH AVENUE

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10011

Entity Information

• 2 months later...

I was going through the list of threads I started on this board.

The thread regarding my still ongoing Amex saga has received more views than the read I started on how to torture the collection agencies...

The numbers are close but the Amex info wins...something I never expected...

xangelx