puzzled about next step

mt2va

Here is the short version:

1. I have disputed with the CRA, all 3 verified this particular TL. (mail order company)

2. So since this is still listed on my CR with the OC I wrote them a letter (not DV but just asking for what info they had about this debt, etc)

3. I get a letter from the OC stating my time to DV (which I wasn't trying to do with them anyway) was expired & that I needed to contact XYZ CA to discuss this account further & they provided that info. They also sent me a copy of the invoice of what was ordered. The order was November 2004.

So I guess my question is what do I do now? Do I dispute with the CRA again stating the OC has no info and/or ask for MOV? Do I contact the CA the OC referred me to even though said CA has NEVER EVER contacted me and they do NOT appear on my CR & never have?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Isn't the SOL in VA 3 years??????????

Even so, that doesn't affect the 7-1/2 year reporting period.

OP, you've been given a copy of the invoice from 2004. It's either yours or it isn't; I suspect it is, since you haven't indicated otherwise. Nobody seems to be doing anything wrong here ...

Even so, that doesn't affect the 7-1/2 year reporting period.

OP, you've been given a copy of the invoice from 2004. It's either yours or it isn't; I suspect it is, since you haven't indicated otherwise. Nobody seems to be doing anything wrong here ...

I was just curious for myself. My brother asked me what VA's was the other day. He lives there.

mt2va, could you provide a few more details?

Is it an unpaid of paid collection account? if it is unpaid you could try to work out a pfd (pay for delete) in writing.

Also, when did you first receive the letter from the CA?

Finally, are the dates/amount reported on the credit report accurate?

check to see they have not tolled the date of delinquency from 2004 to 2008/2009.

I would recommend a DV to the CA if it is under 30 days from when you found out about this.

mycorrado