ExpertLaw and being banned for supporting Debtor's Rights

Credithis

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74572&goto=newpost

Thought Expertlaw was Pro consumer.

If the link does not work, I got banned for arguing in a post:

Collection for a Magazine Subscription - in the Debt Collections forum of Legal Help.

Idiots, the only cooling mitigation is DiveMedic posts sometimes.

Is FreeAdvice.com simply CA debt forums in disguise also??

Looks to me like you got into a dialogue where you tried to defeat logic and fact with emotion and bias (and maybe some BS). In my view, it did make you appear foolish as you were several times forced to abandon an argument or shown to be factually in error. No harm.

I monitor a number of sites. Generally, they have a pro-debtor tilt. That is OK with me except they don't always give accurate information in the cause to inflame passions or to rationalize certain types of behavior. In those cases, I think it is a disservice to the poster who needs facts and reality rather than biased moral support even if well intended. Some sites have a neutral or slight pro-creditor tilt. I know one that has a decidedly pro-creditor tilt; which I think is just a moronic as those with a decidedly pro-debtor tilt since both are often factually in error.

In my opinion, FA is comparatively neutral as I see there a free expression of all sorts of viewpoints and, granted, sometimes vociferous disagreement from extreme viewpoints which is perhaps not terribly constructive. But at least the viewpoints seem welcomed which is more than I can say for other sites.

Facts are not biased. Only opinions are biased. I often see opinions dressed in the clothing of fact. I don't think that helps people much.

I agree with Wiser Now.

Offering the facts and the law is not being pro-collector unless your definition of being pro-collector is that you must always support the consumer even if the consumer is in the wrong.

Supporting "debtor's Rights" should not men that the debtor is always right and the collector always wrong.

Plus, you openly insulted someone...someone who has obviously bee around that forum for quite a while...aside from the truth that personal attacks are often the last resort of a weak argument, personal attacks ultimately never advance a discussion or helps those looking for help.

Yeah, except I've bumped into JK and his goons on Freeadvice before and despite having solid law in front of em they insist "pay up" or show Cites. Think I went too far though on Expertlaw. JK was wrong and did not want to back down, its his MO. This time (I had the time) I decided to hit him post for post. the OP had no reason to pay for a mag that magically got turned into a 5 year subscription. Who in their ever loving mind subscribes willingly to a 5 year sub?? Maybe someone, not anyone I know. BTW. DiveMedic called em on this too. Cancel before recieving it, still no mags and a 'debt'??. This has been the poster child of abuse for umteen years.

Anyway... 'twas much fun though JK still spouts off at the mouth with no regard for the poor consumer.

BTW, my facts are accurate in thhis case. JK went off in a PM to lawresearchmissy I think and got zip.

Yeah, except I've bumped into JK and his goons on Freeadvice before and despite having solid law in front of em they insist "pay up" or show Cites. Think I went too far though on Expertlaw. JK was wrong and did not want to back down, its his MO. This time (I had the time) I decided to hit him post for post. the OP had no reason to pay for a mag that magically got turned into a 5 year subscription. Who in their ever loving mind subscribes willingly to a 5 year sub?? Maybe someone, not anyone I know. BTW. DiveMedic called em on this too. Cancel before recieving it, still no mags and a 'debt'??. This has been the poster child of abuse for umteen years.

Anyway... 'twas much fun though JK still spouts off at the mouth with no regard for the poor consumer.

BTW, my facts are accurate in thhis case. JK went off in a PM to lawresearchmissy I think and got zip.

I hate going to FreeAdvice. It's not free, you have to pay thru embarassment and humiliation. I learned after a few posts. Amerikaner and Fizzle bumped heads with quite a few people there.