Portfolio

cbairey

HSBC BANK #XXXXXX

PO BOX 5253

CAROL STREAM , IL 60197

(800) 477-6000

Balance: $0 Date Updated: 05/2008 High Balance: $488 Credit Limit: $0 Past Due: $0 Pay Status: >Charged Off as Bad Debt< Account Type: Revolving Account Responsibility: Individual Account Date Opened: 12/2006 Date Closed: 07/2007 Date Paid: 04/2007 Loan Type: Credit Card Remark: Purchased by another lender

Estimated date that this item will be removed: 03/2014

I disputedthis with HSBC, still doesnt show "disputed" not even updated,

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY #XXXXX

120 CORPORATE BLVD

NORFOLK , VA 23502

(757) 519-9300

Balance: $599 Date Updated: 04/2009 Original Balance: $545 Original Creditor: HSBC Past Due: >$599< Pay Status: >Collection Account< Account Type: Open Account Responsibility: Individual Account Loan Type: Factoring Company Account Remark: >Placed for collection<

Date placed for collection: [ 05/2008 Estimated date that this item will be removed: 04/2014

portfolio "updated" but did not mark as disputed either, DV;d them and they have yet to reply to Two request, seems they dont think they have to

reply to anything, is it time to send a See ya in court letter?

ok today got a letter back from Portfolio.

re: verification information concering account XXX

says: account number XXX was and its proceeds were sold,assigned and transferred by the seller to Portfolio on 5/23/08, at the time of the sale, seller provided an electronic file of records concering this account , according to the sellers records XXX is due and payable from ( me) the sum of XXX, in respect to this account as of 5/23/08 their is no known uncredited payments,just counterclaims or offsets. of this account at the time of sale

name,last 4 ssn, amount due

says : interest accrues on this account until satisfied

this is a attmpt to collect any info ....

they have NOT updated CRA to show disputed...

nor shown me proof of the debt,, no contract, no payment history ,,

should i now send a "this wont cut it letter"** they are Not licenced to collect in my state**

says : interest accrues on this account until satisfied

they have NOT updated CRA to show disputed...

they are Not licenced to collect in my state**

1) I think from the way you stated the above, they bought this debt, right?

Then, I don't think they can charge interest. It's the Truth in lending act, but I just don't know that much about it. (I don't know the USC title or section, anyway.)

2) They haven't updated it to the CRA(s)? That's a FDCPA violation 807(8). Also, 15 USC 1692e(8). Hope this helps.

they are Not licenced to collect in my state**

Oh yeah! Well then that's another violation. Don't know how much you could sue for, but it's a violation. In, fact :!:, You might be able to claim another FDCPA violation for section 816 in the process.

I had people tell me keep you FDCPA/FCRA violation-lawsuits seperate from you state law violation-lawsuits.

Don't know if I contact them again. OR, if you sure you going to file suit; send them a letter... "Get off my credit report(s) or I sue for the following things, 1. 2. 3. you 10 days to comply, Good day." <<<< Don't do this unless you actually plan to sue though.

I would check you card holder agreement, there you will find interest rates and that of assighne. It is likely they can charge the default rate set by the OC.

The user agreement only applies to assignments, right?

I thought portfolio had bought this debt from HSBC. I know Portfolio is a JDB.

The user agreement only applies to assignments, right?

I thought portfolio had bought this debt from HSBC. I know Portfolio is a JDB.

Portfolio from the letter they sent: I assume they Bought the debt, I Dvd HSBC and got nothing back from them, Sent a prove this or I sue,, and Yes i would ,, ( $23 filing fee for small claims is worth it)and in Washington its a 2000 fine on top of the FDCRA fine , ohh Portfolio wants 1399..now I dont think so!!!

Portfolio from the letter they sent: I assume they Bought the debt, I Dvd HSBC and got nothing back from them, Sent a prove this or I sue,, and Yes i would ,, ( $23 filing fee for small claims is worth it)and in Washington its a 2000 fine on top of the FDCRA fine , ohh Portfolio wants 1399..now I dont think so!!!

The card holder agreement typically covers whomever gets the account by what ever means. So in all likelyhood they can charge the default interest, clearly the account defaulted somewhere along the line.

You sent HSBC a DV and got nothing, big surprise. OC are not bound by FDCPA as far as DV's are concerened. They however are Bound by the FCRA as a DF, dispute w/ CRA is required first then send a 623 request for investigation letter.

If I may, may I suggest you spend a little more time reading up and becoming familiar with the subject matter and a little less time with the efforts to sue. I would think if you did so that you might achieve much grater results.

The card holder agreement typically covers whomever gets the account by what ever means. So in all likelyhood they can charge the default interest, clearly the account defaulted somewhere along the line.

You sent HSBC a DV and got nothing, big surprise. OC are not bound by FDCPA as far as DV's are concerened. They however are Bound by the FCRA as a DF, dispute w/ CRA is required first then send a 623 request for investigation letter.

If I may, may I suggest you spend a little more time reading up and becoming familiar with the subject matter and a little less time with the efforts to sue. I would think if you did so that you might achieve much grater results.

i sent the 623, and got nothing, i know i never even had a card with hsbc( i never used credit cards) all my loans where the same company and all paid off long ago, they are on my CR.& I want to buy a home real soon,( 60 days) and dont need this hanging around Messing my credit scores either

If you never had a card and you have jumped through the hoops to correct I would suggest filling ID theft paper work. By doing so it will suppress both the original TL and the JDB TL and in theory keep it from being sold to another JDB.

sounds like i may have to do that, just wondering what would happen to my Cr? we are going to be buying a home real soon, and i dont know how a lender would look at " id theft" on my reports. They are Very strict right now, good news is i have copies of everything i have sent & i have kept the lender informed

If you file ID theft it is not refected on your CR, it gone, like it never was there.

I did report them to our Atty general about not being licenced,

only problem I have no idea how long they have been on the CR's been at least 6 years since we even looked. wouldnt filing a ID theft require alot of explaining on our part?

I did look online says "pending" so will wait and see what happens,

( the original HSBC and Portfolioare still not listed as disputed)

we have what some would call a Thin file, no CC;s, just a few sig loans, and a mortage All thru the same company and all paid in full, our "newest TL" is the mortage we paid off in 06, oldest was a 12k loan from 00 &,I paid off in 4 months. from reading here I guess its time to get CC :( we have always paid in cash, I hate the idea of CC's but guess you need them to raise scores

ok honestly never thought I should checkOur Credit Reports, I didnt see a reason since I have/had no Credit cards,

update,

CR now says, disputed resolved,- customer disagrees

portfiolio still hasnt sent Validation to me..Yet Updated Cr

HSBC, nothing back but now says updated 4/09, nothing about being disputed

I need some proof of Id theft and without anything from the CA's (letters ect) it would be hard to prove, even though I Know this isnt my account( read some good info about Id Theft at the NACA site)

update,

CR now says, disputed resolved,- customer disagrees

portfiolio still hasnt sent Validation to me..Yet Updated Cr

HSBC, nothing back but now says updated 4/09, nothing about being disputed

I need some proof of Id theft and without anything from the CA's (letters ect) it would be hard to prove, even though I Know this isnt my account( read some good info about Id Theft at the NACA site)

Really you don't need to prove its not yours. Fill out the paper work file a Police report and send it to the CA/JDB and CRA, it is that simple.

Wahoo is absolutely right.

If the account isn't your account (as in you never opened it, signed for anything, etc.) then file the ID Theft affidavit with the FTC and a police report with your local PD/Law enforcement agency and send copies of both to all the bureaus that reflect the tradeline, to the current creditor and the CA contacting you/reporting the tradeline (if they are).

That will quash the tradeline for good.

Sending 623 letters and such is very much the hard way to go about things like this and precisely why the ID Theft changes were made in the law (so that consumers don't have to spin their wheels trying to prove they never opened an account, etc.).

This is especially true if you are planning on buying a house soon...going the letter writing/lawsuit/623 route could take months with no guarantee of success...the ID Theft process is almost 100% sure to solve this problem and if it doesn't you can still sue and will have even more of a case based on their ignoring the ID Theft portions of the law.

I went to the FTC site and filled out the ID Theft form, after some brain cells overheating I think I figured out what may have happened,

( looked at hubbys CR & A HSBC was opened a month after the HSBC one on my report)

At the time this was opened,& we where using wireless internet , and 'above"( top of hillside behind our home) is a very large Hotel , and they used wireless also, we "think" maybe we where on a open connection, and someone could have gotten our information. since we where also doing some online apps for a mobile home loan (decided not to go that way) .

I will be going to the Police later today for a case number and will copy all the paperwork , do I then send to the CRAS?

I live in CO and atty's do not have to have a license on file in CO to collect debts. I have just filed a complaint against an "ATTY" - really a junk debt collector, and found this out during my investigation. It depends on the individual state and their regulations of who has to be licensed.

Sent out the ID affidavids, anyone know how long it should take before they are gone from our CR?( mailed on the 8th)

That might not be enough to make them gone. You may need to press the case with the entity reporting.

That might not be enough to make them gone. You may need to press the case with the entity reporting.

I had already sent two Dv request,( got nothing back) disputed with the CRAs

portfolio updated/disputed customer dissagrees, Hsbc, updated, not marked disputed

funny thing on my husbands HSBC balance actually dropped , date reported(open) changed to a later date on portfolio and amount went up.. arghhhhhhh

now i sent the affidavits to all CRA. HSBC & Portfolio on the 8th, CRA 8th also,