Stipulated general judgment in Oregon

I was recently sued by a local attorney for a defaulted B of A credit card. This happened at the same time as my being laid off from my job. Before the layoff and right before I received a Summons and Complaint, I sent the lawyer a letter proposing a payment plan wherein I would pay $75.00 per month. About a week or so after the layoff, the attorney sent me a Stipulated General Judgment and Covenant Not to Execute. The gist of it is this: if I pay the $75.00 per month, they won't take further legal action.

I guess my question is, what do I do now? I'm working on a very part-time basis for my old employer (10 hours per week) and $75.00 is a lot of money to me right now, and will be every month until I'm employed full-time again. I'm also leery of signing anything called a judgment. Should I sign the paperwork? File my own answer with the court? Do nothing? I feel like I should do something, but don't know what.

Help!

You should file an answer to the complaint. You do not want to have a judgment entered against you.

For that reason, I don't like stipulated judgments. I like an agreement where you pay whatever amount and, once paid, the complaint is dismissed with prejudice.

Good luck.

You should file an answer to the complaint. You do not want to have a judgment entered against you.

For that reason, I don't like stipulated judgments. I like an agreement where you pay whatever amount and, once paid, the complaint is dismissed with prejudice.

Good luck.

Just for clarification, a stipulated judgment is still a judgment, right? So if I signed this paperwork, I'd be essentially agreeing to a judgment?