Porsche Financial In My Jan 2003 Bankruptcy ~They still report NEG EVERY MONTH!

msdolly

How should I handle this? In January 2003 I filed bankruptcy. Porsche Financial was included in the bankruptcy and the account was written off and closed. Porsche Financial is reporting the account as open and has been reporting negatively EVERY SINGLE MONTH SINCE!! The account should fall off of my credit report in 6 or 8 months but I'd like to try to buy a house soon. Should I dispute this with Experian or do I run the risk of waking the sleeping dogs? I don't want to mess something up and make it worst! My Experian score is my lowest score being 602.

If you are certain it was included in the bankruptcy (they were listed as creditors when you filed), write them a letter stating this fact and to discountinue reporting it. You should also have no problems disputing with the credit reporting agency as included in bankruptcy and they will update the trade line and re-date it back to then. Dispute it as inaccurate in status and date.

If you are certain it was included in the bankruptcy (they were listed as creditors when you filed), write them a letter stating this fact and to discountinue reporting it. You should also have no problems disputing with the credit reporting agency as included in bankruptcy and they will update the trade line and re-date it back to then. Dispute it as inaccurate in status and date.

Yes, it was included in my bankruptcy. That I know for a fact! I used a credit cleaning company and they got it off of my TrasUnion and Equifax but I have no idea what they did to get it removed. Now it's ONLY listed on my Experian report and I'm worried that if I call Porsche Financial they may add it back on my TU and EQ reports. Can they do that? I had a collection account CMI that did that to me after a phone call. I'm just so worried I mess something up right before I try to buy a house. :?

This is what it's reporting.

Account No.: **********

Condition: Derogatory

Balance: $26469

Type: Auto Loan

Pay Status: Repossession

Past Due:

High Balance: $94828

Terms: 60 months

Limit:

Payment:

Opened: 02/2002

Reported: 03/31/2009

Responsibility: Joint

Remarks:

[Experian] Voluntary surrender.

They are not allowed to report it past the filing date. It must show iib and zero balance. (iib=included in bankruptcy). Send a letter to experian disputing this immediately. Look in the sticky's in the bankruptcy section of this site and it will tell you what to do.....if they do not correct - then take them to court for sanctions. They will owe you $$$$.

I've had this issue with a couple of creditors. It was fairly simple to get fixed.

I simply wrote letters to senior officers of the companies notifying them of the errors and reminding them that they were violating the bankruptcy injunction and could be subject to fines.

Magically I received letters back on company letterhead stating that all references to the accounts would be removed from the CR's.

So, instead of getting the "IIB" notation, the accounts were completely deleted.

Good luck.

Thank you for the good information!! I'm going to send a dispute letter to Experian first because I already have it all ready to go. Also, I have a change of address. Should I put that at the end of the letter? I want to make sure I all of my mail from them. Or will it slow down the process because I have a security alert on my report?

I'm worried that if I write a letter to Porsche they may place it back on my other 2 credit reports. It's not listed on those at all. What do you guys think?