New and need help

jevanof

I am new to all of this and could use some help.

18 Months ago I lost my job and fell behind on my mortgage payments, I am current now and have been for a couple months, I have no debt except the home, I own $220,000.00 and would like to refi the house, I call the mortgage brokers and they tell me that my middle score is a 580 and needs to be a 620 and I also need 12 months with no lates on my current mortgage history. I have just started the process of disputing everything negative on my credit reports with all 3 company's.

My question is; Is there any I can do other than just keep paying ontime and wait 1 year?

does anyone have an idea?

I sent a letter to countrywide asking for a goodwill and they told me that the credit agencies will not allow it.

If I can can just my history clean I can refi at a better rate.

Please Help, I don't know what else to do.

I would look into possibly doing a refi with a local credit union. Personally I trust them much more than a big company as I have had horrible experience with those and also I spoke with my credit union a few weeks ago about doing a refi myself and they advised of a 580 credit score...obviously each differ from the other and state to state but it would hurt to call and ask:dunno2: