puck

Federal Tax Lein appears on reports. I never received anything

I pulled my reports today for the heck of it and was shocked to see a Public record of a Federal Tax Lein. I never received any notice from anyone. Don't you think someone should of sent me a notice that I owed money?? Now what do I do. Maybe it isn't mine???? I want to throw up.

This will be fun, 2006 they wiped out my bank acct, I got the notice from the bank not from IRS. I called and turned out to be a mistake, funds will be returned with in 21 days! What really pissed me off was that they would not come out and say we errored I had to ask is this a mistake, uggh, seems IRS is worse than a JDB. Good Luck I feel your pain.

I was applying for credit and a "federal tax lien " appeared on one of my credit reports.

It had no merit.

You need to call the IRS with the FEIN or SS# involved and get what is called a ***ZERO BALANCE LETTER***a letter indicating you do not owe the IRS money. That will resolve with credit agency and whoever you are applying for credit with.

I found out it was triggered because the IRS did an internal audit of my 2006 company return, somehow, this triggers erroneous federal tax lien sometimes.