Wage garnishment forcing me into default with other creditors

Estranged

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, so apologies in advance if I have. A little long winded but any input will be greatly appreciated.

I have 4 debts I am trying to deal with, 3 of them are credit cards and 1 is a judgement from another debt. I called all 4 creditors to work out payment plans and they were all willing to work with me with the exception of the one with the judgement. They opted to use it to obtain a garnishment, which will put me into default with all of the other creditors. I told them this, and they still won't work with me, even though I am willing to make a payment plan, just not 25% of my take home pay, I can't afford it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I thought about BK but once the garnishment is removed I clearly have enough money to pay everything, so starting to file may be a waste of time.

Thanks again to anyone who took the time to read this, I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The only option I see is to let the other obligations go into default.

Your only other option is to find a way to increase your income (part time job(s)).

If the judgment holder won't work with you then he won't work with you...you have no power to make him take less than he can get through wage garnishment.

Thanks for your input, Robert.

Getting a second job is unfortunately not possible because I'm a long haul truck driver.

Letting my other debts go into default could lead to futher judgements/garnishments so it seems like a BK would be inevitable down the line, which would be the only "power" that I have.

Call the other creditors and let them know what's going on. Try to make other payment arrangements with them. If you can't, then you can't. Don't pay them, and watch closely for any legal activity. Put aside what you can manage (not in a bank account - the judgment holder can take that, too). Then hopefully you can put that money towards a settlement with another creditor at a later date. A judgment holder has little incentive to work with you when they can legally reach into your pocket and take 25% of your net.

Call the other creditors and let them know what's going on. Try to make other payment arrangements with them. If you can't, then you can't. Don't pay them, and watch closely for any legal activity. Put aside what you can manage (not in a bank account - the judgment holder can take that, too). Then hopefully you can put that money towards a settlement with another creditor at a later date. A judgment holder has little incentive to work with you when they can legally reach into your pocket and take 25% of your net.

That's a pretty good idea, I'm going to call them and see what they can work out. Thank you for the suggestion.

The judgement holder has the incentive of not seeing me end up in a BK proceeding.