Question regarding my law suit

KapnK59

I am being sued by a credit card company which is listed as the plaintiff in my suit. On my credit report (transunion) it states that the pay status is "charged off as bad debt". I have heard that means they have sold my debt to a third party and the 3rd party should be the plaintiff not the origonal creditor. I am under the impression that the attorney/collector has committed fraud or misrepresented the facts to me, which is grounds for dismissal of the case and that I can counter sue them. And I should contact a consumer advocate attorney. Is this correct or have I been misinformed? Thanks in advance for all replies.

'charge off is used as an accounting term for companys to get the debt off their books for tax reasons. it dont mean anything other than that. if the plaintiff is the oc than it prabablly is still the original owner. my experience has been debts are sold years after charge offs. how old is this debt?