By listing TL as consumer disputes does CA still have to comply within 30 days of DV

digicross1

First off, let me thank all of you for your help I am still relatively new here and appreciate all of your help.

I started my credit repair process less than 3 months ago and I have already experienced a huge improvement in that small amount of time.

I only have three negative accounts remaining on my CRA and I DV'd all of them a little over three weeks ago.

Two of the three CA's have listed (Consumer disputes this account information, Collection account) on two of the three TL's. Do they still have to reply to my DV in 30 days? I live in Florida. I am waiting to get my responses any day now. All three are out of SOL in FL.

Let's assume these debt collectors have been on you credit report for over a year.

If they don't respond, can you still sue for 809b? I thought there was something about you have to DV them within the first 30 days.

You should Dispute/request validation within thirty days of receiving an initial dunning letter and/or within thirty days of first becoming aware of a CA attempting to collect a debt from you...you do this because when your DV is "timely", the CA is prohibited by statute from actively trying to collect the debt (calling, writing letters, etc) until they validate. Note that I said "until" they validate...many CAs simply won't bother nor to they have to bother...the only stipulation being that if they don't validate they can't continue collection activities.

When you DV outside of the thirty day window, they not only can ignore your request but then can also continue their collection activities.

I generally advise people to DV, wait thirty days and send a "reminder" letter and then at about the 45 day mark, if the CA hasn't responded then it's time for either a cease communication letter or at least a letter stating that you have been forced to consider their claim without merit and that you consider the matter closed...that doesn't mean it is closed of course but the idea here is to be pro-active and to be able to show a pattern that you have been reasonable in trying to resolve the situation; should you ever need to do so.