old debts?

I need some serious advice, I have 7 items to fall off this year most of them are still in collections. Should I try to pay them off or wait till they fall off? Experian is the only one I see the actual date of reporting. Most of these have several different CA reporting. I did contact most of them and they said they contacted the CR when they sold the accounts to different CA to have them removed but of course there still showing. Do I need to send each of the CA a VOD letter and see what happens. Also about a week ago an CA told me they would tell them to delete it and it has not been removed yet. How long does it take for the items to be removed when the CA reports it to be deleted?

they may likely sell again and again, but the date for reporting stays the same. If they attempt to report past 7+180 from DOFD they are reaging and is a violation of FCRA. More likely they will just send letters, if you know they are out of SOL send a C&D and be done. SOL and reporting period are two entirely different things, SOL is the time allowed by your state to legally sue you, if they due so OOS then you have an afimative defense.