Realestate Lein On Home

I have a home that I am about to sell. The closing attorney just called and said there is a lein on the property from a collection agency. The problem is after the lein was placed on the property the collection agency sold the account to another collection agency. There name (the new collection agency) is not on the lein. I sent them a DV letter 3 years ago when they mailed me a notice that they had purchased the account from CA A and have not heard from them since. Will I have trouble getting this removed?

I would start by locating the Judgment they recorded initially to get the lien.

Get that vacated and then go get the lien removed.

I assume you were sued and they won by default in that you didn't show to court. Liens can't be recorded without a Judgment of debt.

Will I need a real estate license to enter into a contract with any apt complex to locate renters for them? Thank you all for responding so promptly to my question on obtaining a real estate license. Now I see and understand that I don't need one to locate the apartment, but the obtaining the education would be beneficial to me. If I want to enter into a contract with an apartment complex do I need a license for that? I wouldn't show the apartment to the renter, but I'd let them know where it was and all of the other fun stuff that comes along with the search.