Puget Sound Collections

1. Who are you suing?

Puget Sound Collections

2. How old is the debt?, 2001( 2 accounts same OC) 2000 1 account

3. If the person harrassing you about the debt is a collection agency, Is the debt being reported on your credit report?,

not sure could only get TU report others have a"freeze"

4. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?) This means you wrote or called Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. yup TU

5. Has the collection agency sent you a letter, called you on the phone? How did you learn about the collection?

Yes they sent a letter 3/23/09 , sent DV right away CMRRR

6. What state are you in?

Washington State

7. What kind of debt is this? (credit car, auto loan, student loan)

2 are old internet provider,( ca wants almost 1000.00 w interest)talked to OC NO account in collections was paid closed in 2001(sent oc with states SOL printout and warning they could be liable for CA actions)

1 medical( ca wants 64.00w interest)( also notified OC with printout and warning that they will be held liable for CA's actions)

8. What kind of violations do you THINK the collection agency has committed? What section of the FDCPA do you think has been violated

WAY past SOL in Washington (6 years) , spoke with internet provider, they wrote and called PSC and Told them it was SOL,, and NOT to bother me, Yet they called once and said " since they (internet provider changed names,was bought out by new company, that "new owners had no "power" to stop collections"and they intend to collect..

Second OC never replied,,so I dont know if they Contacted CA or not

Yeah, it is not worth the trouble suing them unless they really start harrassing you. The closest you could get to would be "misrepresenting the legal status of the debt." They say collectible, but since it's past the SOL, it's not.

I agree that it is likely not worth the effort and you may want to just send the FOAD letter. However since you are in Washington keep in mind that the Washington State Debt Collection Practices Act has much more teeth than the FDCPA as it is up to $2000 per violation.

I agree that it is likely not worth the effort and you may want to just send the FOAD letter. However since you are in Washington keep in mind that the Washington State Debt Collection Practices Act has much more teeth than the FDCPA as it is up to $2000 per violation.

i would have them on 3 accounts @ 3 each, easy 6000.00,

I did send a DV within the 30 days , CA hasnt replied back,, just maybe they will go away,