how long are mortgages reported?

If this is an open account the late payments should fall off after two years.

By law, lates can stay for 7 years. Whether the OC will respond to a GW request and drop it or not is, of course, another issue.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/legal/FCRA.shtml#605

no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information

any other adverse item of information, other than records of convictions of crimes which antedates the report by more than seven years

I am not disputing that they can stay on for 7 years but the way the payments are displayed on open accounts it rotates out of view after two years.

If you're looking at an account via a CMS (Credit Monitoring Service)--like TrueCredit, et al.--they don't have to display everything that's on your CR. You might not see it on TC, but it is likely still there on your CRs.

If you're looking at an account via a CMS (Credit Monitoring Service)--like TrueCredit, et al.--they don't have to display everything that's on your CR. You might not see it on TC, but it is likely still there on your CRs.

I am talking about printed reports.

If it's a late payment and it's on your actual paper CRs, then it's on your CRs and OCs will see it. Exactly how they present the information isn't important.

just to be clear, I am saying that on my printed reports with open accounts only the past 24 months of payments are shown. This may not be true for all and if an account is closed with lates then it seems frozen that way. I am perfectly aware and not arguing with the fact that they have the right to report this info for 7 years.

It seems that you are saying that creditors are getting a different report than I do as the consumer. Or maybe you just think I am wrong, which is cool. But I think it would be illegal to give my creditors a different report then me, right?

It seems that you are saying that creditors are getting a different report than I do as the consumer.

But I think it would be illegal to give my creditors a different report then me, right?

All depends upon how you're viewing your CRs. If you're using something like TrueCredit to view your reports, they are a reseller. Different rules.