should i respond?

andres99pony

I received a dunning letter from an old debt I have, I know it is mine. They sent it to my mother's house, but I didn't see it until a few days ago. It is already past the 30 days.

The letter was not sent to my correct address, and it is past the 30 days. Should I still send a DV letter, informing them of my new address?

Last thing I want is them trying to get a default judgment on me! What should I do?

IMHO, you received that letter a few days ago, and now you have (30 days minus a few days) to respond. Under the circumstances, you probably don't want to wait that long.

When you write, you just tell them when you received the letter, that the delay was due to them sending it to the wrong address, and that you are exercising your rights under the FDCPA to dispute and demand verification.

If they argue about the timing, tell them to pound sand.

Good luck.

DH

I just prepared my DV. But, since I have little to no records, I am unsure of the SOL.

California SOL is 4 years on everything except oral. Oral is 2 years. Do you have a guess as to the DOFD and when you last had contact with them?

Do you think the JDB will give me my DOFD?

No, but the CRA would--if it were reported.

This account is on none of my CRA's

This might or might not be a good sign. It could headed for your CRs, or it could be it is so old they know they can't do jack about it.

wow......new twist.

The account these guys are wanting to collect if for an account of mine that had a default judgment set on it 3 years ago! I paid the judgment off. I wonder if it is the balance of the judgment they are asking for? I think they are just trying to get some money in, like "expecting nothing and getting something" sort-of-thing.

What action can I take against the new JDB?

wow......new twist.

The account these guys are wanting to collect if for an account of mine that had a default judgment set on it 3 years ago! I paid the judgment off. I wonder if it is the balance of the judgment they are asking for? I think they are just trying to get some money in, like "expecting nothing and getting something" sort-of-thing.

What action can I take against the new JDB?

If you paid the judgment "off" how can there be a "balance"?

Typically, the former negates the latter.

I trust you have proof you paid off the judgment and the judgment was released???

If you paid the judgment "off" how can there be a "balance"?

I don't know how. But this JDB is stating the same account that is listed in my judgment. I know I only had one account with that name.

I trust you have proof you paid off the judgment and the judgment was released???

Absolutely. I have proof.

I don't know how. But this JDB is stating the same account that is listed in my judgment. I know I only had one account with that name.

Absolutely. I have proof.

Then you have a "headache" to contend with but little more...send a copy of your proof that the judgment was paid and released to these idiots along with your FOAD letter.