Swine flu

Goldbug

No, but the effectiveness of Tamiflu is highly suspect partly because Rumsfield is involved. I don't really know why Swine flu is being pushed so hard, that's my whole point. The reaction is extreme considering the few deaths that have occurred, but there are a lot of conflicting stories from many different sources so who knows the truth. Is greed, to the detriment of the consumer, a factor in how drug companies conduct business? Watch the video and you decide for yourself, also google "vioxx" for a more recent example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LIxHsqSxhU

Gore is just one of many that will profit handsomely from "Cap and Trade" and carbon credits and the consumer will pay thru the nose.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an alternate energy source, assuming there is one, in place before pushing the "cap and trade" and carbon credits off on people? Here's what BO had to say about "cap and trade".

“You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, you know — under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.”

Then Senator Obama, in a January 2008 interview with the San Francisco Chronicle.

I thought there was a restriction on politics in this forum. I don't know if this is politics or religion, but it sure ain't science.

How about economics?

Voodoo economics? Certainly nothing based on science. A discussion about the economics of pay now vs. pay later would be rational, considering that quite a few leading economists think global warming will cause a severe world wide depression.

BrokeBob said:

Voodoo economics? Certainly nothing based on science. A discussion about the economics of pay now vs. pay later would be rational, considering that quite a few leading economists think global warming will cause a severe world wide depression.

That's a good one! A "world wide depression" on top of what we have now would really be a mess. Please, enlighten us.:?:

First it was Mad Cow, then Bird Flu, and now Swine Flu. I think is is just a heinous diabolical plot by PETA to get us all to become vegetarians.

Said that a few days ago, and now:

April 30, 2009

PETA wants to bring hog farm to Capitol

@ 11:36 am by Eric Zimmermann

As the "swine flu" outbreak continues to make headlines, the animal rights group PETA hopes to graphically illustrate to lawmakers how the problem started in the first place.

The group has submitted an application to Capitol Police to set up a a real-life hog farm on the steps of the Capitol, complete with urine, manure and fans to blow the odor around.

In a statement, PETA says it hopes to replicate the conditions that led to the spread of swine flu and convince Americans to become vegetarians.

"Meat has long been linked to heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer, but disease-breeding factory farms could be the death of us all," said PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "The best way to protect animals and our own health–individually and globally–is to go vegetarian."

The potential exhibit would include three pigs, 3500 gallons of pig manure and urine and large fans. The group will also show undercover footage of hog farm conditions and distribute information on becoming a vegetarian.

Today, the first suspected case of swine flu was detected in the nation's capitol. Bloomberg reports that a World Bank employee has been diagnosed with swine flu after traveling to Mexico for work.

A knew they were behind this. I think I'll go have a ham sandwich and some pork rinds.

I agree, but the question is what do they hope to achieve by hyping this? Are we being prepped for something?
The same as always. Ratings. And ratings equal revenues. Not some global conspiracy. Ockham's razor applies here.

Deannatx, what the heck is going on in Tejas? Your Gov just hit the CDC up for flu vaccine! :confused: Take care!

Yeah it's getting pretty hectic here. I'd say about half of us are freaking out and the other half are mocking the ones freaking out. I'm one of the ones freaking out.

There was an unconfirmed case in a New Diana school and now everybody if freaking out. I live about 10 miles from New Diana so it's kind of unsettling. The've closed the Diana schools and I suspect my town may be next.

Went to the Dollar Store on my lunch break and everybody's there stocking up on everything. There's no more hand sanitizer or masks anywhere within a 10 mile radius I think........:lol:

That was a sad situation. Two confirmed cases in Florida now. Broward (ft. Lauderdale area) and Lee (Ft. Myers area) counties. Last time I checked officials in Palm Beach, Pinellas (Tampa), Orange (Orlando) and Alachua (Gainesville area) counties are waiting on the results from CDC.

I don't think we're quite at Def Con 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza#History

• Asiatic (Russian) flu (Da, Komrade. Forget missile program. Dis how we take over world.) - 1889-1890 - 1 million deaths
  • Spanish flu (Well you weren't expecting the Spanish inquisition, were you?) - 1918-1920 - 20 million to 100 million deaths
  • Asian flu (Which differs from the Asiatic flu because, what?) - 1957-1958 - 1 million to 1.5 million deaths
  • Hong Kong flu (not to be confused with Hong Kong Phooey) - 1968-1969 - 3/4 million to 1 million deaths