Offer of payment refused by CA

kylecov04

I have a medical office that recently sent me to collections after missing one of my arranged payments with them at the holiday times; 5 different doctors billings, five separate statements from the collection agency. Upon second of two contacts, two days apart, from CA I offered to pay a couple of the smaller bills to get them out of the way and make payment arrangements on the remaining combined balance. They told me I couldn't do that. I disputed accuracy of a couple of the billings. CA told me to pay them off and seek to be paid back for errors by the original creditor or the insurance company.

Debt in CA's legal department immediately. At C.A.'s agents suggestion I agreed to see if LEGAL would accept $80.00 per week payment; offer was refused by legal department. One letter and two phone calls from them and I'm being sued. I had suit filed against me in small claims court within 30 days of the first letter CA sent to me. Requested validation of disputed charges and their answer was suing me. Anyone have any thoughts?

make sure they have a valid ( your name!!) business accociates contract with the Drs office. (HIPPA ) AND a valid assign. no contract ,no rights to your Health Info! Detailed billing is Part of you PHI( protected health information)

Dispute that you dont know if you Recived the "service" your being billed for,,

( ok WHO watched ya pee in that little cup?). without "detailed" information from your health record who knows?.

IE dr wrote down shot BUT you took a pill instead..

HOW is billing done? did someone just circle something on paper? where they SURE you got the service? did they USE your "chart" or just ask someone?to verify the service?

did they ask YOU if you had X done? did you Sign anything that shows you KNOW what the bill is for , Before you left the Drs ( billing statement) showing exactly what was going to be billed? .

The CA, their legal and/or the creditor (medical providers) all have the right to refuse a payment arrangement and/or to accept anything less than what they say is owed and you'll likely find that to be especially true once you've made a payment arrangement and defaulted on it.

If you have legitimate disputes about amounts/etc. then I would continue to try and work them out but when you do, you will likely have to come up with the correct full amount owed to get these settled.

The CA, their legal and/or the creditor (medical providers) all have the right to refuse a payment arrangement and/or to accept anything less than what they say is owed and you'll likely find that to be especially true once you've made a payment arrangement and defaulted on it.

If you have legitimate disputes about amounts/etc. then I would continue to try and work them out but when you do, you will likely have to come up with the correct full amount owed to get these settled.

The original creditor is a medical group who had sent remaining balances of 6 different doctors to CA. I received 5 different statements from CA. Two doctors combined due to their only being $1.39 owed to one of the doctors. At CA’s extremely urgent suggestion of payment on accounts I offered to pay off the smaller billings not in dispute and wait for OC to correct and/or validate the accuracy of the others. CA told me I could not do that.

I do intend to work out issue of the errors and make arrangements for payment. "Too late. Account already in their legal department. Not sure if payments can even be made." Payment arrangements of $320 to $400 monthly refused. Written notice of dispute sent. CA answered the same day by sending CA statements, amount not itemized, interest added in with balance amounts. Their billings only and a copy of the fax from medical group sending the original amounts to them for collections. CA answered the next day with notice that court papers had been filled out and ready to go to court. I think I am the only one willing to get this debt paid and wish to be treated reasonably in that effort.

CA’s actions have made me not want to work with them at all. Total timeline is 1-26-09 to 2-23-09. Two phone calls and a letter before CA went legal and sued. Already in legal upon first telephone call. Not very workable on their part.