how many people have won disputes?

smokedurhonda

I have had a total of 12 items deleted on my credit reports by disputing! (4 on each of the 3.) The burden of proof is on the credit bureaus. It is their job to prove that the items belong to you.

I suggested we have a success stories forum a while back, but the idea was not implemented. Sorry, but success occurs quite often with credit repair. Some success stories may be available throughout the credit repair forum.

jetscarbie when you say you had "false personal info" was it actualy false (address never had or heard of)

or was it something like What I have? They have taken the street address and added it to a city, state from a different address.

Technically everything is correct just not matched up right.

Also they list the same address twice because on one they leave the apt # off

Are these items a big deal or are there bigger fish to fry?

You want to make sure your personal info is correct - I just found out yesterday that Verizon made a mistake and reported my address as a different one completely (different state etc) - got all of that removed.

In this case I was so PO'ed I contacted Verizon directly and they removed it immediately. Of course I will double check in a couple of weeks - but the address stuff is related to how a tradeline reports.

so yes, the little stuff counts too.

jetscarbie when you say you had "false personal info" was it actualy false (address never had or heard of)

or was it something like What I have? They have taken the street address and added it to a city, state from a different address.

Technically everything is correct just not matched up right.

Also they list the same address twice because on one they leave the apt # off

Are these items a big deal or are there bigger fish to fry?

I removed all previous address, variety of names spelled, basically anything that wasn't my current address or correct name. I disputed them as NOT MINE or obsolete. Some trade lines are tied up with those things...and removing them can help you remove the tradeline associated with it.

I removed all previous address, variety of names spelled, basically anything that wasn't my current address or correct name. I disputed them as NOT MINE or obsolete. Some trade lines are tied up with those things...and removing them can help you remove the tradeline associated with it.

I had a heck of a time getting EX to remove incorrect addresses. It seemed to improve after I got the extended fraud alert. Then they gave me a number for special handling and I was able to get some of the truly foolish things removed. Total misspellings of my street address and addresses claiming that I lived in 2 apartments in the same buildings. EQ and TU removed incorrec information with much less hassle.

And for the original poster, I started out with 13 negative items on EX and now I'm down to one that's just going to have to age off. The only thing keeping my scores down now is usage and I expect to get that corrected within the next six months (i.e. pay everything down).

Let's see now. Used GW to get rid of some older adverse TLs. Some with just lates. One was a CO. They were legit reporting mind you. Thus I used GW.

I DVed two OCs, before I knew DV wasn't for OCs. The TLs went away.

GMAC was incorrectly reporting a 30 day late, and that took a little creative doing. I used GW/dispute. "I don't believe this was late, and I've been happy ..."

Got 2 hard INQs from BofA turned into soft INQs, on EX of all things.

Victory is there for the taking. I'm not saying you're going to get a BK7 off your reports 10 months into discharge, but of CIC I would say this.

Never have so many, accomplished so much, often with so little, knowing next to nothing, but who chose to become one of the Few--quite unlike the many who fail because they never know and never try. These Few, of which I am one, owe so much to so many who are so few in number they perhaps should be called The Handful, of which I am not one, but aspire to become as I walk among them here at CIC.

Oh, I forgot. I got my student loan company to correct two bad TLs to consolidated and to report the two much, much better TLs after rehab with a goodwill letter. For a time the only TLs reporting were the bad "sent to federal government for repayment" were reporting. It looked awful. Things looked much better with the two rehabbed TLs with two years worth of on time payments.

People will tell you not to bother sending goodwill letters to student loan companies because they are "obligated to report everything". All I can say is that it worked for me.

Here is the best way to get anything off with a collector, works 100% of the time and since they all lie and use false numbers that are not verified and dates etc.. you are only stretching the Truth. Go to the FTC website and search for the ID THEFT affidavit. Download it and fill it in for each collection acct seperatley. Send it certified to the disputes dept of the collection dept. They have to delete it and 99% of the time do.

You never authorized them to have your personal info and the acct they have on you is fruadulent the day they try to collect and not verify the info first, including putting it on your credit which the supreme court ruled as as trying to collect.

sa

Here is the best way to get anything off with a collector, works 100% of the time and since they all lie and use false numbers that are not verified and dates etc.. you are only stretching the Truth. Go to the FTC website and search for the ID THEFT affidavit. Download it and fill it in for each collection acct seperatley. Send it certified to the disputes dept of the collection dept. They have to delete it and 99% of the time do.

You never authorized them to have your personal info and the acct they have on you is fruadulent the day they try to collect and not verify the info first, including putting it on your credit which the supreme court ruled as as trying to collect.

sa

:trainwreck:

I have disputed 16 TLs on wife's report.

8 were deleted right away. 1 more verfied, but then deleted after the 623 letter. That's nine.

Five I'm waiting to hear back. Time is almost up on these. I would bet they go away.

1 has been verified. I might send a 623 letter on that one, but it is pretty old and small, so I might just let it die a natural death Nov 09.

I've been told it's all luck, but I'm not so sure. If you follow a good process, you might make some of your own luck.

sa

I would recommend not doing that unless, of course, there are accounts on your CR due to ID theft. If they are actually your accounts then this is fraud on your part. In any case, part of the ID theft affidavit is reporting the ID theft to your local police. The CRAs and creditors will probably look askance at you if you don't. If you do and they actually are your accounts you are guilty of falsely reporting a crime to the police. Which is an even bigger problem than a few crappy accounts on your CR.

And if they (the creditors and CRAs) don't remove the accounts what will you do? Will you sue them and commit perjury? That's probably not a good idea either.

Even with the ID theft affidavit and reporting it to the police, to the creditors and to the CRAs I still had to fight like crazy to get the actual ID theft accounts removed. So, it's bit deceiving to tell people that this is an "easy way" to get things removed.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I am in the early stages of this. With my first round of disputes to the CRAs, I got 5 to 6 TLs removed from my and my husbands reports. Just like that, no fight, no nothin'. I'm now DVing most of the rest, with a couple of GW letters thrown in. We'll see how that works out............

"Here is the best way to get anything off with a collector, works 100% of the time and since they all lie and use false numbers that are not verified and dates etc.. you are only stretching the Truth. Go to the FTC website and search for the ID THEFT affidavit. Download it and fill it in for each collection acct seperatley. Send it certified to the disputes dept of the collection dept. They have to delete it and 99% of the time do.

sa"

OMIGOD...cant believe I saw this.....if you do this, it's called FRAUD, unless you can PROVE otherwise!

Oy....can't believe it!