NEXTCARD how do I get them removed from my report??

thebird

I had a NEXTCARD back in 2001. I was paying my bills-then they went out of business and my check kept getting returned to me. Then about a year later I rec'd communication from a CA. I responded to the CA with a disputing the debt and their validity to collect-who are they and what is there authorization to collect-which they refused to answer and kept harrassing me.

I call my state enforcement agency and they called the CA and that was the last I heard of it.

I just rec'd my credit report-first one I have even requested and it shows TWO NEXTCARD ACCTs ???? Which I totally do not understand:confused:

One Account shows Charge-Off and the other shows "Pay as Agreed", Acct Closed by Grantor, and under activity shows Paid and Closed.

I know NEXTCARD went under and I have searched this forum and stuff comes up under Merrick Bank-I don't know who they are and they are not on my report.

How can I get this off my report? Has anyone else run into this?

Can/should I sent s dispute letter to CRA with "not mine"

Thanks for any advise/help

Thebird

mERRICK BOUGHT A LOT OF nEXTCARD STUFF. sO DID SOME OTHER JDBS.

I'D DISPUTE AS YOU SUGGEST

Thanks for your reply-my CR says NEXTCARD/MASTERCARDTRUST with a norcross georgia address-so I can't see where merrick comes into play.

I did notice however that on one of the accounts the Date of First Delinquency (DOFD) is 09/2002. So isn't this beyond the reporting period by law-should I dispute this one account as obsolete as an easy way to get rid of it (although last payment shows 01/2003 which I erroneous-but does this matter?).

Thanks