1st Dispute Letter-"Not Mine" Does this work? And do you sign your letters?

thebird

I have been reading, reading, and reading-some say (not here) that sending your first dispute a letter to the CRA's just listing the TL's and say "not mine" is a waste of time. Is this true? Is there something more creative out there?

This site basically say dispute the whole (individual) TL listing as "not mine" then after dispute items within the listing-is this right? Is this just to get the low hanging fruit?

When you send these letters out do you actually sign them or not, do you put you SS# on them or not, what about photo ID?

Thanks

Thebird

I have been reading, reading, and reading-some say (not here) that sending your first dispute a letter to the CRA's just listing the TL's and say "not mine" is a waste of time. Is this true? Is there something more creative out there?

This site basically say dispute the whole (individual) TL listing as "not mine" then after dispute items within the listing-is this right? Is this just to get the low hanging fruit?

When you send these letters out do you actually sign them or not, do you put you SS# on them or not, what about photo ID?

Thanks

Thebird

you usually need to send some photo ID, and copy of ssn,

and yes you need to sign your letters to CRA always send CMRRR,

you can add not mine, i dont know anything about this account, or information should sayXXX, or the information is incorrect.account was paid,

it will depend on if you know that account is right( yours) but the amount showing is wrong ect..

There is a huge list of items to dispute in a listing. Here it is:

Thanks for the link Admin. I have seen this, but I also read on the website that FIRST you should dispute the ENTIRE entry as "not mine" then if that doesn't work dispute other items WITHIN for being inaccurate, incorrect whatever.

Do you think this method still works?

Thanks