Settlement Offer Triad

candimax25

I just received a reply to my settlement offer. The original Offer was 25% and deletion of the line.

The 1st reply was 50% and Settle for Loss.

I rebuttled with 35% and Paid.

The 2nd reply is 40% Settled in Full with $0 Balance.

The question I have....Is there a big difference between Paid in Full with $0 Balance and Settled in Full with $0 Balance???? Would it affect my scores significantly to have the Settled in Full instead of Paid????

Thank You

This is the original creditor...I currently have a payment plan with no interest, but it will take over a year to payoff. I was told that is I complete this they will place Paid in Full - $0 Balance on my CR. If I accept the most recent settlement, I will save 60% but the Line will read Settled in Full - $0 Balance.

Any Idea which would be best???

zero percent interest isn't bad! Maybe it just depends on your desire to salvage your credit score. I have a card at 0%. it won't be gone in a year, but if you can get rid of yours in a year it might be worth it.

But, if you don't care about your score and can settle that might be the ticket.

I would keep the 0% interest deal, and pay off the credit card sooner (if possible). Could you make larger payments?

You are in a great situation with the OC, but you want the line of your CR to read "Paid in Full" with a $0 balance. "Settled" will either keep your credit score the same or might even lower it.

Make sure this is not verbal as well; get it in writing.