Piggybacking after bankruptcy. Now what?

Luckyword

I had my Chapter 7 discharged in January and applied for a few secured credit cards and was denied. My credit score is 642. I was even denied a secured Wells Fargo credit card with an annual fee of $19. Per advice I've received online, my mom has now added me as an authorized user on her credit card, and she has excellent credit. So I'm thinking of waiting 6-8 months, then applying for a no-annual fee credit card. Is this a sound plan, or is there anything else I ought to consider at this point? Thanks.

Open a savings account at a local CU.

Keep building your savings until you have over $1000 - then apply for a secured card with the CU.

Make sure to check your credit reports, you have just be discharged recently and there are usually all kinds of errors in the reports. Challenge everything that is not correct.

Stay away from the non-bk friendly banks like Wells, Chase - there are others.