What Does "Account in Dispute-Res Pending" "Consumer Disputes This Acct Info"

thebird

I rec'd a call from my credit card company (that I have been with for over 19 years w/about 10K credit line, ALWAYS PAID IN FULL AND ON TIME-NO EXCEPTIONS).

They said that they were changing the credit line in my account to $500 I asked why-I have been with you for 19 years alway paid in full and on time. And asked them if I had was ever late on a payment or over my limit-they said NO. They said it is not based on my performance with them. They are doing this because of alleged derogatory things on my Credit Report (Equifax). I said there must be errors on my credit report. They advise me to get a copy of my credit report with Equifax which I did.

So I ordered my credit report and there are errors/mistakes on it. Now under the Credit Card company that called me under Current Status is reads:

"Current Status-Account in Dispute-Resolution Pending;Type of Loan-Credit Card; ADDITIONAL INFORMATION-Consumer Disputes this account information;Credit Card"

What Does this mean? Is this bad? If so, how do I fix it??? I NEVER disputed anything in THEIR credit listing (I don't even know what was there-how could I dispute it):confused:

Need help...Please

What is listed in the derrogatory/negative section of the report? just the credit card? does it show late payments or collection?

I don't think a dispute comment would make the account derrogatory, there must be something else. Find out what is derrogatory and then call the bank back and escalate to a supervisor, that might get them to straighten it out.

If it is truly a mistake on their part (or not, perhaps a check never got there etc) and the supervisor doesn't fix it, try a goodwill letter to the banks VP of card services, and make sure you ask them politely to reinstate your original 19 year old credit limit.