Credit Repair company advice

Viperman

I have disputed numerous items on my credit reports. Lots of things have been removed. It is a VERY long process for me as I travel alot and sometimes won't come home for 4 months or so.

I don't mind spending the money, and I know that with time and effort I could do it myself, but don't really want to.

If I was going to pay a credit repair company, who would you guys suggest?

My credit report isn't bad, but I have numerous late payments from the last time I was out of the country for 4 months and my secretary got in an accident and things legitimately got paid late. Everything is current. Balances are pretty low. Credit is OK about 690-710. It is definitely affecting me, one of my business credit cards lowered the limit from $48,000 to $7800, which left me maxxed out on it.

First, your scores are not bad enough to worry about. Your CLD was probably do to things completely beyond your control (i.e., bad economy?) than anything you could have done.

Second, all debt fixers are scams. Some screw you a little, most screw you a lot. Save your money.

I would try contacting the companies and dealing with them about your late payments. Since your balances are low and the accounts are in good standing, you could try a goodwill letter and see where that gets you.