Chase - Validation for a settled account

gekamas

I have recently started cleaning up my CRs and have come up with several questions. I'd truly appreciate your help.

I have a Chase credit card account on all three reports that shows as settled for less than the full amount. I first disputed it with CRAs about a month ago. I received a letter from Chase asking me to submit an affidavit/statement that I either own this account or that I don't. Attached to that letter is a copy of the email allegedly sent by me to cancel a stolen credit card when the account was still open.

1. I assume that the "admit or deny liability" letter is a trap. I am not going to respond.

2. The email that Chase that was sent when the account was open is not sufficient to validate the account. Is it Correct?

3. What letter do I send now? Is it "you are reporting incorrect information, please send sufficient information to validate the account or delete it"?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

Had the same problem before. That is good you disputed with the credit Bureau already, it will come back verified as they always do.

Send Chase a letter stating that the amount due is not yours that it was paid as agreed. Keep it simple(unless the charges were unauthorized, then slam them and deny any of it is yours)

When the bureau comes back verified you will send them back a 15 day notice of How did you verify the info, including who verified,when and what date(there is law on this one) They NEVER answer, and are in default, this is how it will get removed.

If Chase is trying to verify then that is good too because they are going to be late with the credit agency....

Thanks for your reply.

So you suggest:

1) Send a letter to Chase (telling them to inveterate)

2) Send "method of verification" letters to CRAs. You state that they don't respond. How do I proceed once if CRA does not reply to this letter?

Thanks!

Hello,

Had the same problem before. That is good you disputed with the credit Bureau already, it will come back verified as they always do.

Send Chase a letter stating that the amount due is not yours that it was paid as agreed. Keep it simple(unless the charges were unauthorized, then slam them and deny any of it is yours)

When the bureau comes back verified you will send them back a 15 day notice of How did you verify the info, including who verified,when and what date(there is law on this one) They NEVER answer, and are in default, this is how it will get removed.

If Chase is trying to verify then that is good too because they are going to be late with the credit agency....