stefdr

Your Chase Identity Protection Benefits

In my email today:

Thank you for choosing the Chase Identity ProtectionSM program. On June 1, 2009 there will be a change to your membership benefits. Starting on this date you will be eligible to request a new credit report(s) and score(s) once every thirty (30) days. Additionally, your most recent credit report(s) and score(s) request will be available for your review throughout the thirty (30) days.

If you have any questions, please contact one of our customer service representatives at

1-888-217-0291, Monday - Friday, 8 am - am ET or Saturday 8 am - 8 pm ET.

Sincerely,

Scott Hermann

Product Administrator

Chase is on the same road as TrueCredit. Limiting their services "to better serve you!"

Interesting....did you retype from memory.....I wonder why they would be more severe with me?!?!?!?!

Here is what I got:

Thank you for choosing the Chase Identity ProtectionSM program. On June 1, 2009 there will be a change to your membership benefits. Starting on this date you will be eligible to request a new credit report(s) and score(s) once every ninety (90) days. Additionally, your most recent credit report(s) and score(s) request will be available for your review throughout the ninety (90) days.

If you have any questions, please contact one of our customer service representatives at

Sincerely,

jsut checked mine - mine is 90 days as well, mom :-(

I copied and pasted directly from the email. Going to call and cancel the service at the end of the month. Are there any other decent credit monitoring services?

I can see where this is going, why do we need to have decent credit? Hell, just spend, spend, spend, all that you make just as soon as you get it! Do your part to stimulate the economy! After all, if you are trying to save anything, you are just being greedy and selfish, hoarding all that money. If you become unemployed and can't pay your bills, no problem! Welfare checks are on the way. There are still plenty of evil, greedy, selfish, rich people to tax the hell out of to support everyone!

Whew, that was my rant for the day.

Interesting....did you retype from memory.....I wonder why they would be more severe with me?!?!?!?!

Here is what I got:

Thank you for choosing the Chase Identity ProtectionSM program. On June 1, 2009 there will be a change to your membership benefits. Starting on this date you will be eligible to request a new credit report(s) and score(s) once every ninety (90) days. Additionally, your most recent credit report(s) and score(s) request will be available for your review throughout the ninety (90) days.

Sincerely,

Yep. Mine is 90 days too. Maybe they're being harder on people who pull more often. For a while last year I was pulling every day or every other day. I was checking to make sure things were being removed. I'm definitely going to cancel. What's the use of paying for something that only works 4 times/year?

Chase is on the same road as TrueCredit. Limiting their services "to better serve you!"

When they send e-mails with such a stupid way of characterizing "better service" it makes me believe that they think we (the customers) are idiots who don't realize that the exact opposite of "better service" is what's occuring.

I think I'm going to cancel both Chase and Truecredit. I'm just waiting for some old baddies to age off. I'll just wait to periodically purchase my CRs from FICO if I need to. Also, I haven't gotten my free CRs this year yet.

Both of these services used to be worth the $14 or so/month, but now they're just a needless expense.

What decent services are left? I cancelled TC a couple months ago and was looking at Chase, but now that's a no-go.

Seems like that 2007 sticky thread with the list of credit monitoring services is due for an update.

Well due to the fact that I cannot pull Chase I.P. everyday now I have cancelled. I went to True Credit to sign up for their service and there is no product choice for daily pulls for all 3 bureaus that I can see. I looked at Credit Keeper as well and it seems they don't do daily pulls either. Not a good way to start my morning off...:twisted:

3-Bureau Credit Monitoring: $14.95/month for immediate access to

your credit reports and credit scores for all three national credit bureaus. Updates available every 30 days. No obligation, cancel anytime.