Help with capital one account

Hello,

I recently had a capital one account show up on my EQ report. I disputed it and they updated they payment history on it put the payment history makes no sense plus the account is not even mine here is what their reporting as my payment history:

Balance: $0

Current Status: Bad debt/collection

Past Due Amount: not reported

Seven year payment history

30 days - 0

60 days - 0

90 days - 1 (May 2007)

Under my recent payment history there reporting:

5/07 CO and then from 06/07 thru 04/09 all on time payments but stating the date of last activity was 10/04.

How can the last activity be on 10/04, charged off in 05/07, and then current from 06/07 thru 04/09?

Can someone please help me as to my next course of action here. From what i'm thinking I looks like it time to file suit against Cap One and EQ.

Should I send the MOV before I do anything with suit too?

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I recently had a capital one account show up on my EQ report. I disputed it and they updated they payment history on it put the payment history makes no sense plus the account is not even mine

If the account is not yours, it sounds to me like you should start by calling Capital One's Fraud Department. They can help you track down how the trade line got on your report. Don't worry about the details of the listing yet if this card is not yours.