I don't have a trial date yet?

I'm already into discovery, but no one has sent me anything regarding any trial date, in fact the ONLY thing I've received is the initial summons and complaint. I've gotten no other communications from either the Plaintiff alleged creditor OR the Court (CA Superior). That seems kind of odd to me by now, should I be worried? Or do anything? The bullet-dates are below for reference:

Complaint filed with Court: Feb 15

Summons received by me: Mar 15

Answer filed by me: April 13

Discovery (by me) begun: April 28ish

Thanks

Check with the court house and see if the other party has filed any documents with them the crt hse should have a court date. They might have filed a motion to dismiss and did not advise you that way you wont be wasting your time. Also the other party has a time limit on getting the case brought before the court or they have to cancel the hearing or the court will sancation them if they dont.

Yeah, that's been a confusing issue from the beginning. According to what I read in the procedures, a case mamangement conference date is included with the complaint, but there never was anything at all, no CMC or trial date or anything. I've double and triple checed with the clerk and they weren't concerned about it, and suggested giving it s couple more weeks.

Hmm maybe their trying to come up with those bogus statement paperwork and affidavits. Its odd so did your summons have a file stamp from the clerk of the court or do the documents look like they were printed from the computer. Because if they don't follow through you can get them for sending out a threat yes that a threat to sue when they had no real intention to.

And their only real intention was to harrass and intimidate you a violation of the debt collection rules. I would defitinitely keep checking with the court house make sure the paper work is from the right court house as well they need to be from the correct venue.

(disclaimer: No, your honor I did not call the debt collector a buzzard:dunno:

beside i'm not practing law just chatting )