Can I file to vacate a judgement from overseas?

I've been working and living abroad for the past two years. I had no access to any postal mail back home. Lately I found out there's a judgment against me because I did not show up to court. There's currently a bank garnishment on my account. I will return to Michigan permanently in 4 months. Can I file a motion to vacate the judgment now...from overseas? I believe I was not properly served. I couldn't even attend the hearing since I had no idea about it and was not in the country this whole time. The judgment was granted January 2009. Please advise

I would say it depends.. get more info on how the served you. (affidavit of service) see what addressed they used etc.

Some courts (small claims) have a simple form to set aside/vacate, and if you can mail it in stating you were overseas at the time of service, you might get it vacated.

act soon, some states have short periods to do this, El paso county colorado gives you 30 days..