I talked to a collection agency!

mt2va

And it felt great to tell them off. I got a letter in the mail about 2 weeks ago from Portfolio Recovery wanting to make me an "offer" to settle my debt. I had to pull out my old CR to confirm but the debt in question fell off in early 2008. (DOFD was in 2001!)

Anyway when they called Saturday to see if I wanted to make an offer I told them I was glad they had called as I had received their letter & they were outside the statute of limitations & not only that they have already dropped off my credit report so I wouldn't be paying them anything & they better not call me again!

Boy did that feel good. And now that I've gotten a CC (finally) I think I'm going to let my other charge-off's just fall off on their own.

And it felt great to tell them off. I got a letter in the mail about 2 weeks ago from Portfolio Recovery wanting to make me an "offer" to settle my debt. I had to pull out my old CR to confirm but the debt in question fell off in early 2008. (DOFD was in 2001!)

Anyway when they called Saturday to see if I wanted to make an offer I told them I was glad they had called as I had received their letter & they were outside the statute of limitations & not only that they have already dropped off my credit report so I wouldn't be paying them anything & they better not call me again!

Boy did that feel good. And now that I've gotten a CC (finally) I think I'm going to let my other charge-off's just fall off on their own.

If you want them to stop calling you need to write them.