someonesomewhere

Girl beats off muggers with marching band baton

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gu8CjiPr7OKsALcRcn1gfCC2VQXwD97SUFS82

QUARTZ HILL, Calif. (AP) — Don't mess with the marching band. That's what California authorities are saying after a 17-year-old girl used her marching band baton to beat back two would-be muggers.

Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Michael Rust says the Quartz Hill girl was walking to school April 24 when two men approached her from behind, tried to grab her coat and demanded money.

Instead, one got a punch in the nose and the other a kick to the groin. Rust says the girl then beat both of them with her band baton before she ran away.

The men had not been caught. But Rust says there's a clear message to take from the encounter:

"The moral to this story is don't mess with the marching band girls, or you just might get what you deserve. Final score: marching band 2, thugs 0."

I'm waiting to see the follow up story where the would-be muggers sue her for assault. You've got to wonder what the world is coming to when a thief can't safely rob someone without worrying about getting hurt in the process.

GIRL BEATS OFF.......... WITH MARCHING BAND BATON

Wasn't that a scene from the movie 'American Pie' , or was that a flute?

It was like this one time......at band camp.......

One of my co-workers mentioned that his daughter was going to a band camp this summer. I don't think he ever watched "American Pie"