Enhanced Recovery Corp

PupnCub

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping to get some feed back on a conversation that I had with a Collections Rep from Enhanced (ERC) based our of Southgate, MI. This is for a utility bill that I do owe, and when I contacted them tonight to let them I know I have made a payment arrangement with the OC, so I asked him permission to record the conversation before we discussed their notice further and he agreed.

This was the conversation:

ERC: Thank you for calling ERC how may I help you.

Me: Before we begin I have to let you know that I am recording the conversation do I have your permission on to continue.

ERC: Yes

Me: Thank you

ERC: They are actually looking for (name).

Me: That is me

ERC:The reason they gave you a call is in reference to (Utility Company) and they hired us to collect on a delinquent account of yours actually from the same number you are calling from now stating that there is a past due balance of X amount. Are you aware of that

Me: Yes

ERC: So basically we would like to know if you want to handle the matter or settle out of the account. They are traying to settle it out at $.08 on the dollar.

Me: I have made arrangements with the original creditor to pay them directly and they already received the first agreed on amount.

ERC: Ok we will note the account.

That was it; again this is the exact word for word conversation that is on my recorder; can anyone see any violations to the FDCPA?

Not sure how I want to proceed with them.

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping to get some feed back on a conversation that I had with a Collections Rep from Enhanced (ERC) based our of Southgate, MI. This is for a utility bill that I do owe, and when I contacted them tonight to let them I know I have made a payment arrangement with the OC, so I asked him permission to record the conversation before we discussed their notice further and he agreed.

This was the conversation:

ERC: Thank you for calling ERC how may I help you.

Me: Before we begin I have to let you know that I am recording the conversation do I have your permission on to continue.

ERC: Yes

Me: Thank you

ERC: They are actually looking for (name).

Me: That is me

ERC:The reason they gave you a call is in reference to (Utility Company) and they hired us to collect on a delinquent account of yours actually from the same number you are calling from now stating that there is a past due balance of X amount. Are you aware of that

Me: Yes

ERC: So basically we would like to know if you want to handle the matter or settle out of the account. They are traying to settle it out at $.08 on the dollar.

Me: I have made arrangements with the original creditor to pay them directly and they already received the first agreed on amount.

ERC: Ok we will note the account.

That was it; again this is the exact word for word conversation that is on my recorder; can anyone see any violations to the FDCPA?

Not sure how I want to proceed with them.

Unless I'm missing something obvious; it seems to me the CA handled themselves extremely well...I have no idea why you think there are any violations here.