CB did not remove or explain; now past 30 days

The Claim: December 2003 I go to the doctor. The doctors office provides the lab company dated (2001) information, ie wrong address and wrong insurance. Lab sends bills to my ex-wife (wrong address) and insurance is rejected. I never speak to ex so I have no idea. In early 2004, I move overseas for 2 years. Return in 2006. Collection agency starts calling in 2007 saying I owe $3000+. I send DV request and they stop calling. 2008, more calls, I explain and fax original DV request, they stop calling. Jan 2009 CA calls and reports 6 collections on my Credit file.

I sent DV request: no reply. Sent in violation letter: no reply. Filed complaint with FTC. Filed complaint with BBB. Oxford Collections is not a BBB member but what the heck? Filed dispute with CB included DV request.

Current status: BBB replied with letter saying Oxford aggreed to remove account(s) and stop collections. (Oxford states that they provided DV in Jan 2009) This is true, but an Oxford rep told me they sent it to....the wrong address. CB dispute results: 2 collections deleted (which are the 2 noted in the BBB letter) The other 4 collections are not removed nor are they confirmed. The CB simply did not mention them in the dispute reply. I called them and explained that I noted all 6 collections by type amount date ect. and included a copy of the credit report with them highlighted and marked as disputed. The lady on the phone offerred to open a new dispute. I repeated that I already disputed them 30 days ago and expressed my strongest opinion that they should be removed. She would only open another dispute and implied that they would be removed.

So now what? Should I wait 30 days? Should I send the CB another letter? Should I contact the CA?

I know this is long but...when this first started, I called the lab company. They told me they had written off the debt in 2004. I called the insurance company and they said that I could not be billed for anything until an insurance claim had been submitted, and the claim had to be submitted within 1 year, so I should pay nothing. I also called the doctors office...they said they provided the info they had on file. I explained that they filed on my insurance and billed me at my proper address, but LAB Corp had address and insurance info from earlier visits. They played dumb. That's it in a nutshell. Sorry so long.

Any ideas on what I should do now would be greatly appreciated!

Is there something so obviously stupid that nobody wants to respond?

I'm new and I guess I'm missing something.

Edit:

I live in VA. It appears that the SOL is 5 years. When does the clock start? At the date of service with the doctor? Is this considerred a contract? anybody know?

So now what? Should I wait 30 days? Should I send the CB another letter? Should I contact the CA?

if they are not comfirmed , means CR is still "investigating" or "pending"

you just need to wait a bit longer, it can be hard but you cant do much with the CRA until the "time to verify" is over,

and as some say, rinse and repeat

its the CA collecting for Lab Corp? what are the 4 collections for? same Oc?

try to get a statement from your insurance company , stating that Lab Corp failed to file in time. and that , no fault of yours the claim is invalid.

are you being sued by the CA?

Medical collections are treated same as any other Collection

When does the clock start?

date of last payment, what date is stated on your CR? if its 12/03 , you maybe be able to just wait to let this fall off

I am sure someone else will come along with more information

Thanks for the reply.

As I understand it, the 'time to verify' has ended. EQ sent me a notice that stated "investigation is now completed" The results were that 2 items were deleted. And I think those were removed by the CA per the BBB complaint. The other 4 collections which were disputed are not verified or deleted.

The CA is collecting for Lab Corp. This is all related to 1 doctors visit but they have broken it into 6 collections. They list the date of first deliquency as 10/2003 11/2003 12/2003.

I am not being sued and I believe the SOL would prevent it.

I have to move as part of my job next year and I planned to buy a house but it will be hard with these collections so I don't want to wait it out.

Thanks for the reply.

As I understand it, the 'time to verify' has ended. EQ sent me a notice that stated "investigation is now completed" The results were that 2 items were deleted. And I think those were removed by the CA per the BBB complaint. The other 4 collections which were disputed are not verified or deleted.

--------------

did they send a email or letter? are the other 4 now marked disputed? the CRA should be done in 30 days but can take longer if the Ca has responded but not updated yet

--------------

The CA is collecting for Lab Corp. This is all related to 1 doctors visit but they have broken it into 6 collections. They list the date of first deliquency as 10/2003 11/2003 12/2003.

--------------

get your insurance company involved, get something that states IF the OC has sent this in time with the Correct information,they would have paid the claim,

even though you are responsable for payment, regardless of insurance. you MIGHT be able to settle for what your share would have been,if you have the cash for this, could be a good option..just dont get a settled,

---------------

I am not being sued and I believe the SOL would prevent it.

---------------------

makes you almost wish they would ,

---------------------

I have to move as part of my job next year and I planned to buy a house but it will be hard with these collections so I don't want to wait it out.

--------------------

your close to the drop off here , a mortage lender may look past this many overlook older medical claims.and with the insurance letter it could help you when you do decided to buy a house.

---------------------