How to track payment

wintn27

ok with my recent fiasco, I need to send a money order from overseas to a collection agency to have a judgment removed. I'm not sure tracking of money orders is possible in my current country of residency. what's the best way to send payment in which I can track/trace?

Thanks

First, I would caution you against sending anything to anyone other than the actual judgment creditor.

Secondly, the judgment is a public record and is not under the control of the debt collector as to whether it is reported or not.

If there is already a judgment against you, what is prompting your sense of urgency? How long do you plan to be out of the country?

Are you military?

If so, I believe the Soldiers & Sailors Relief Act could be a huge help here. If they got the judgement while you were overseas, then it should be a very simple matter to have it vacated when you get back.

If you are civil service, there are some similar laws that might help, but I don't know exactly what off the top of my head.

You could have a friend or a relative in the U.S. purchase the money order here for you. Then they could either mail it for you, or mail it to you to prepare the mailing. Then you can track the money order by telephone.