If amount on TL is $5322 can I still sue in small claims court.

The CA is National Credit Systems (Aprtment Rental)

The amount is $5322

The DOLA is 10/03 Way out of SOL!

I have never been contacted by CA. TL is being reported on all three CRA's

I have disputed TL with all three CRA's and DV'd CA once and followed up with ITS letter demanding validation (No Response).

I reside in Florida.

This TL is reference to a lease termination.

NCS Violations are liste as follows: CA initially listed duplicate TL's with different account #'s with all three CRA's.

Disputed with CRA's by CMMR also noting duplicate accounts. Verified one TL as correct and moved the date opened on the other duplicate TL as 2004 instead of 2003 which I have copy of.

After I another dispute with CRA's and DV to CA they dropped one of the two duplicate TL's.

Now only one of the two TL's remain.

They have still not validated the debt!

Do I have a strong enough foundation to sue on?

Also does the fact that they they claim the debt is $5322 mean that it won't qualify for small claims court because it exceeds the $5000 limit?

Also does the fact that they they claim the debt is $5322 mean that it won't qualify for small claims court because it exceeds the $5000 limit?

The small claims court limit is based upon the amount you, the plaintiff are trying to recover, not what the prospective defendant claims you owe. That is another matter entirely.