Direct Tv Bogus Charge

dennispsalm23

Hey everybody im new to the site. looking for some advice. Ive had direct tv for well over ten years. I recently left due to the high cost. About 2 years ago we got a box for the bedroom tv. Direct tv told me i would be charged 5.00 a month extra for that box, no biggy. When i called to cancel in January, they told me i verbally agreed to keep the box for 18 months, i had it for 14 months. I never signed or agreed to this, but did agree to the 5.00 per month deal. Well after going around and around with them they want to charge me 80 for not fulfilling the 18 month deal. I told them i m not paying them for something i didnt order, then asked for a copy of the contract i signed agreeing to this. Well they said there is no nuch paper work, and told me this agreement was on my first bill, like i said over ten years, Also stated this agreement is on there web site. It has since been turned over to the collection agency and they added 10 more dollars to the amount. I called credit collector and informed them of what happened, they said to write them a letter of dispute. Any ideas ?

The CA has to validate the debt with the OC.

As far as Direct tv, those a.h.'s owed me $1.25 when I cancelled my account and flat out refused to pay me, they told me verbally that they just didin't refunding when the amount was less than what it cost them to issue the check. Ironically this was about 10 years ago. Of course since than the letters they've sent begging me to come back have cost them plenty and I always take them to the post office and have them returned to sender hopefully requiring them to pay postage again. 3 words, "free to air"

Hey everybody im new to the site. looking for some advice. Ive had direct tv for well over ten years. I recently left due to the high cost. About 2 years ago we got a box for the bedroom tv. Direct tv told me i would be charged 5.00 a month extra for that box, no biggy. When i called to cancel in January, they told me i verbally agreed to keep the box for 18 months, i had it for 14 months. I never signed or agreed to this, but did agree to the 5.00 per month deal. Well after going around and around with them they want to charge me 80 for not fulfilling the 18 month deal. I told them i m not paying them for something i didnt order, then asked for a copy of the contract i signed agreeing to this. Well they said there is no nuch paper work, and told me this agreement was on my first bill, like i said over ten years, Also stated this agreement is on there web site. It has since been turned over to the collection agency and they added 10 more dollars to the amount. I called credit collector and informed them of what happened, they said to write them a letter of dispute. Any ideas ?

The long and the short of this is, you probably do owe the charge because you probably die "agree" to it in one way or another.

Now, this is a pitifully small sum of money and they certainly aren't going to sue you over it or anything like that but they may send it to a few collection agencies to try and collect until they just give up.

So...you can either pay it, settle it or ignore it...it's not really a big deal either way.

If fact, you've probably already expended more emotions/thought on this problem that is deserves. :)